2. A Hangman's Game

Unknown POV

He slammed the door shut behind him, anger burning through his heart and mind

He slammed the door shut behind him, anger burning through his heart and mind. His euphoria from slicing the rotting cadaver was short-lived. He saw Amaya smile and embrace her friend at the university today. He shook his head. No, he can't afford to be jealous right now, he needs to dispose of any possible traces and residues of his previous victim.

The man rolled up his sleeves and finished scrubbing the floor that was stained with blood. The room that had Jackson Brown's body was now clean and sterile. Everything was scrubbed down with bleach and disinfectant. The chair Jackson died on had blood stains that refused to come out.

"What a shame," he mumbled to himself. He needs to buy one that doesn't stain so easily.

The muscular assailant grabbed the black duffel bag laying on the floor and exited his previous hideout. He walked a mile through the serene sunflower fields before reaching his car parked on the side of a dirt road. It was a chilly night with clear skies. He welcomed the cool crisp air, feeling refreshed after sweating from disinfecting and mopping his den. Once he got in his car, he unzipped his duffel bag and took out a gray sweater with Daventon University embossed in purple and outlined with gold thread.

His phone buzzed loudly in his pocket. It was an Amber Alert. One body found in Daventon University's Student Quad. Killer still on the loose. Evacuate campus immediately. The intersection of Estrella & Cruz Street closed.

Taking off his black cotton mask, he sneered. Finally, they found the body. It took them a while, he thought sarcastically. He was curious about how the authorities would react once they encountered the second "portion" of his craft. He put on the Daventon University sweater then started his car. He searched for directions towards his thrilling destination and grinned wickedly.

Amaya

Amaya

Carter and Amaya stared at each other in silence after receiving the Amber Alert notification. They ran to his car and once they were inside, he quickly pressed a button to lock all his car doors shut. "Fuck no, we're not dying tonight." Carter laughed uneasily.