28- 𝔚𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔴𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔜𝔬𝔲

song: Agust D from BTS  Suga

RECAP

"Ay assassin congrats on that win, you were a beast", one of the fighters around me said.

He completely ignored the guy and still kept walking straight towards me, my eyes never leaving his as I start to feel my heart hammer in my chest. He's incredibly tall and intimidating the closer he gets.

me Scarlette Russo? get intimidated...Never

He reaches where I'm seated and I can hear the other fighters behind me gossiping with glee.

"Scarlette we need to talk now", he says his voice colder than ice.

How the hell does he know my name?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                        ♚S C A R L E T T E♚ 

  He grabs my wrist harshly and basically drags me out. I look at him while he drags me wondering who this person is and then it hits me, how did I not notice especially since the voice and features look so much like him. 

I allow him to continue dragging me until we reach the nearby parking lot. He lets go of my hand when were by his all-black jeep which I assume his fancy parents must have given him, I mean he was always a little bit spoiled.

I stand by the jeep with my arms crossed in a defensive stance waiting.

He takes off his mask and I fake gasp in the most dramatic and sarcastic way possible. He stares at me with a look of disbelief. 

We stare at each other for a while until I slap the left side of his cheek with the same amount of force he used to harshly drag me. 

His face jerks to the side from the force of the slap and he stays there with his head hanging down with his dark hair covering his eyes remaining silent.

"So you thought that you could disappear for weeks leaving me then have the audacity to drag me from the arena like a dog with its owner, are you serious Liam.", I said staring at him dead in the eyes.

He looks up slowly with regret-filled eyes that immediately turn cold and distant.

"I had business to take care of", he says his eyes not meeting mine.

At that moment some guys came out of the arena talking and laughing until one of them notices me and stares me up and down with hungry eyes, he elbows his friends and they also start checking me out making me realize I was still in my fighting attire outside of the arena which was basically a training bra and biker shorts.

"Get in the car", Liam says through his teeth while staring past me at the guys with a look that screams danger.

"I can take care of myself Liam", I say while walking away.

He grabs my wrist with a stronghold and loosens it quickly.

"Let go", I say with a murderous look on my face.

"Wait- I'm sorry ill explain just get in the car, I don't feel comfortable with you out here", he says his voice pleading while eyeing the guys.

He sounds genuine and I do want to find out what he means by "business". I'm also not in the mood to deal with those guys. They remind me of hungry wolves looking at a piece of meat although little do they know that I would be the alpha in this situation. I head in the black jeep silently, while he crosses the front of the car to get to the front seat.

The guys start speeding up towards the car and Liam locks his seatbelt in and continues driving out of the parking lot despite the fact that one of the guys was by the front of the car he kept driving and even ended up hitting one of the guys.

I look over at him in shock and notice a smirk on his face. Who is this guy?, because this is not the Liam I remember. He practically just ran a guy over and is smiling although I wonder why he would even run him over in the 1st place.?

After a while we start driving down the same streets I took to get here and the silence was suffocating.

"What did you mean by business, and why the hell are you in the arena?", I ask straightforward. I turn my head towards his trying to make eye contact which I know is a weakness of his. He was always very shy when we were younger, I was the man in the relationship I mean in a friendly kind of way.  I was the type to scare the other students away from bothering us.

He clears his throat and scratches the back of his head like he is deep in thought.

"You know I could ask you the same thing", he says now looking at me directly in the eyes with his pale green eyes sending shivers down my spine.

He's holding eye contact... people don't drastically change like this.

I study him for a while.

"What happened to you Liam?", I ask wholeheartedly.

He sighs and keeps eye contact his eyes now in a sharp glare.

 Who does this man think he is, the first time we reunited in the lunchroom he was more open but now that I think about it he basically rushed out of the place before I could ask him more questions.

"I grew up...you know it happens to everyone Scarlette", He says still glaring.

Not him spitting out my name like it leaves a distasteful flavor in his mouth.

"You obviously didn't grow up normally if your parents let you street fight, and you were surprisingly good at it too", I say trying to be considerate.

I see him tense up and for some reason, he gets even angrier. I ignore him and continue on.

"wait-  pullover I say before he even gets the chance to respond.

"Why?", he asks his eyes softening and filled with concern.

"I need to change so my brothers don't notice I went somewhere just in case I run into them when I get back, do you have any spare clothes", I say.

"Um, yeah here", he says passing me a grey bag with a black oversized shirt and skinny ripped black jeans.

He pulls over and parks in an empty parking lot after he turns left getting away from the red light.

it's quiet for a while until he awkwardly shifts around.

"so you want me to get out of the car or...", he says timidly.

This man just pulled a whole 180 from how he was acting before and now he's acting all shy, someone make it make sense. 

I take a glance at the time displayed on the dashboard of his jeep.

"shit... it's getting late, um just cover your eyes with your hands or something I just need to change my bra that's it", I say already reaching towards the hem.

He keeps staring at me without moving and I pause staring right back into his pale green eyes. Time seems to stop and for a second I see the same eyes I saw when we were younger.

I go back to taking my clothes off and he quickly covers his eyes as I didn't just catch him staring at me for no reason.

Weirdo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for being a few days late I was supposed to update on NEW YEARS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT. BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR HOPE MY READERS ARE DOING WELL. If any of yall need to talk just message me, I need online friends anyway also you could rant to me if you'd like apparently that's therapeutic. 

Thanks for staying up to this chapter and until next time. :)

P.S: The main character is kinda dense when it comes to love but not that dense

.