thirty one

december 15

- i feel like i'm floating. but drowning at the same time. me and mark just finished our picnic together >•< it was a lot of fun. even if it was crazy windy outside and kind of gloomy, his pretty smile was enough to keep me warm. ugh. WHAT DO I DO??? i'm stuck. i like him so much. do you know what else he did?? he brought me my favorite sundae from that one cafe we went to that one day. i guess he remembered </3 i'm feeling like crazy. i'm certain we have a mutual feeling but we're both too afraid of what comes afterwards. i just don't know how to deal.

-

dae breathed a long sigh and threw her phone on the bed. ranting to no one on her notes app relieved the pain by a very small margin. the picnic went great. both mark and dae went into the picnic having a small bit of hope that they were going to confess to each other. but the entire time they tried to ignore the very blatant elephant in the room and act normal. why was no one brave enough to speak up? it was taking a toll on dae.

-

DAESEEMEROLLIN:
thank you for today mark!!
opened

DAESEEMEROLLIN:
i had so much fun :D and
thank you for the sundae :]
opened

WATERMELONLEE:
no problem!! i had lots of fun
too dae 😁 definitely won't
be our last picnic 🤌🏼
opened

-

dae smiled to herself. he was so precious in her eyes. but what's the point if no one is going to say anything? will they just have this fling forever?

-

DAESEEMEROLLIN:
you make me happy mark

-

"ARUWGGG F WHEH I DIDN'T MEAN TO SEND THAT." dae threw her phone out of her hands and engulfed her face in her pillow. she felt like it was 100°. she really didn't mean to send the message but a part of her was happy she did. maybe this will start up a needed conversation. she peaked back at her phone screen and saw mark's bitmoji hovering in the chat. he stayed there for a while. with every second of added silence, the more dae got the urge to delete her message. she saw him save the chat and start typing.

-

WATERMELONLEE:
well i'm glad i can do the same
for you as you do for me :)
opened

-

"FUCHEFRJEBE AAAA" dae couldn't catch her breath. her heartbeat mimicked the sound of heavy rain falling onto concrete pavement. she held her chest as her face felt like it was on fire.

"i feel like dying."

her phone lit up with another notification from the boy. it was a voice message.

-

WATERMELONLEE:

"haha-"

-

she paused it. that laugh had such a strong grip on her. with his raspy and slightly tired voice close to the mic, dae couldn't help but imagine him laying on his bed with his messy ruffled hair. the image made her erupt into flames, even more than before. she pressed play.

-

"- sorry i have to do it this way, but you know how i don't really like texting.-"

-

his calming voice was making dae's heartbeat steady.

-

"- goodnight, rest well. i hope your dreams are fun hahaha. anyways, i want to talk to you tomorrow. because i want to do something i've been waiting a long time to do, dae."

he continued in a whisper.

"gosh i really hope you can't hear my heart right now." he chuckled. "get back to me when you can. see you soon. rest up."

-

she could hear his smile through the phone. crazy to think he was only across the street.

she returned the favor. she pressed the mic.

-

"goodnight mark! i'm free tomorrow, come around whenever. and i hope your dreams are also lovely," she giggled.

———————————————————

HELLOOO???? WTF. I AM SO SORRY YALL ITS BEEN TOOO LONG. pls disregard the past disappearance of 1 1/2 + years. IM SO SORRY. but i need to finish this soon once and for all 😭

- PRADAMARK 🤍