eighteen

the three musketeers continued to walk down the crowded corridor, sensing more and more people watching them. they were still confused as to why, but they also had a pretty good idea.  because mark was the cute new kid.

they finally reached the front of the cafeteria to be greeted by all the other rowdy boys.

"y'all, was it just me or did you feel like every single person was checking us out when we were walking?" taeil asked.

"yo, you too? dammit i thought it was because i was the new kid." mark answered. he looked at the ground.

"you guys better get used to that, i mean who could look away from all of this?" jaehyun questioned while posing like a heroic figure.

crickets.

"no one? really? okay let's just go inside." jaehyun quickly said, embarrassed.

the group walked into the cafeteria only to see hundreds of kids walking around the large room.

mark exhaled, "holy crap-"

"pretty big, huh?" dae snickered.

"THATS WHAT HE SAI-"

"NOT THE TIME JOHNNY." dae yelled back.

"awh."

"okay let's hurry up and get our food!" jungwoo said. "i'm so hungryyyy."

everyone shuffled into the line, some pushing and shoving each other. mark who was easily pushed back, got lost in the crowd and ended up a few feet behind the rest of his friends in line. he sighed it off and grabbed a tray.

"hi!" a voice appeared from behind him. mark jumped at the high pitched sound. he turned around to be faced by a girl wearing a uniform that looked a size too small.

"h-hi." mark responded confusingly.

"you're new, right? i'm park hana by the way."

"oh, nice to meet you hana." the instantly shy boy smiled.

"so where'd you go before cheonsa?" she asked.

"um, i went to gomul highschool up until junior year, it's really small."

"oh gomul? i know that place! my cousin goes there." hana replied.

"oh really? that's cool. what's their name?"

"park haewon."

'RED FLAG. RED FLAG.' mark could hear sirens going off in his head.

at gomul, haewon was known as the very manipulative player. obviously, mark never had a connection with her, but he knew she was trouble.

he tried to play it off, "hm, haewon? i don't think i remember her."

"oh that's a shame. anyways you're cute, do you have snapchat?" hana asked.

mark's face turned bright red. he did think hana was cute, and he so badly wanted to believe that maybe hana wasn't as bad as haewon. but he wasn't going to let down his guard that easy. he had to be cautious.

"u-um yeah but i kind of only give my snap out to people i know. we just met so like, maybe another time when we get to know each other better." mark said while fumbling with his hands.

"then we'll get to know each other! do you do streaks?" she asked while reaching for her back pocket.

"yeah... i do." mark was left with nothing else to back him up so he just decided to give in.

"yay! we should start one. what's your username?"

"ʷᵃᵗᵉʳᵐᵉˡᵒⁿˡᵉᵉ" he answered quietly.

"i'm sorry, what? you need to speak up."

he cleared his throat, "ʷᵃᵗᵉʳᵐᵉˡᵒⁿˡᵉᵉ" repeating what he said before. he really was wishing she would just give up.

"i still can't hear you, here you can just type it in." she said while handing him her phone.

"it's watermelonlee. my name should pop up as the first one. my bitmoji is wearing a face mask and a bucket hat." he really didn't have a good feeling about giving this girl his snap but what harm could it really do?

"oh okay. thanks. i'll text you later." hana said and winked. mark cringed. he really hoped she wouldn't text him later.

after a little bit, they finally got to the front of the line and got their food. mark found the rest of 127 and sat down.

"mark, we lost you, bro!" johnny said. "where'd you go?"

"oh my gosh i got to the back of the line and this girl named hana kept bugging me for my snap."

"DID YOU GIVE IT TO HER?" dae yelled after hearing the shocking news.

"yeah. i mean, she was kinda cute? but i know her cousin and she's known as the 'player' at school."

"mark!" dae continued, "park hana is crazy manipulative! and crazy pretty. that's her weapon." dae pointed. "i wouldn't be surprised if she held you hostage against your will um hm... maybe next week?"

taeyong stifled a laugh.

"don't be surprised when she sends you a pic of her hoo-has later this week either." doyoung added.

"doyoung! please! i'm trying to eat!" sicheng scolded.

"wow, she's really that bad? does that mean i was good looking enough to catch her attention?... sweeeeet." he smiled and relaxed in his chair.

——————————————————————
-PRADAMARK 🏷