CHAPTER 1: NIGHT VISION

The scratching sound of quill on parchment was the only sound he heard as he worked on the last bit of paperwork that night. It was well past midnight, and Aizawa's eyes were burning from keeping them open for so long. One inkwell had already been finished, another sat well on its way to finishing as well.

Heroing was not only a flashy job, it involved a hell lot of paperwork too. 

The King of the land "blessed" selected knights with special magical powers called "Quirks". These knights were given the title of a "Hero", one who possessed the magic of Quirks and had saved the kingdom of UA many-a-times. 

Aizawa, in his case, had got a Quirk out of pity, according to most. He, himself, believed that as well, as he finished his paperwork and let out a huge yawn.

It shouldn't have been him.

It should have been Oboro

The King of this land had a most mysterious profile. He went by the name of "Shigaraki" and had been ruling this land for many years. Even their grandfathers claimed him to be their rules even then. And their grandfathers too, apparently.

Some believe him to be as old as magic itself. 

Some believe that he is the incarnation of magic. 

The land prospered mostly under his reign, or that was the general consensus.

The story that he preached, that of a good and just King.

People were too scared to examine the shadows.

Aizawa spotted a moving figure in front of the window. Squinting, he realised that it was the Prince, Tomura Shigaraki. Who was, one of the many peculiarities of this kingdom.

His bright red eyes seemed to have caught onto Aizawa's own black ones and he scampered off, seeming that he wished to be left alone. 

However it was way past the Prince's curfew and he shouldn't be up. Along with the fact that his caretaker, Kurogiri wouldn't be pleased that his ward had snuck off again. However, that was none of Aizawa's business as he stifled a yawn and got up to go back to bed. 

His back was aching, and the bed looked inviting. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lake glistened in the moonlight, looking inviting. Grass grew on its banks, covered in dew. 

A black hooded figure walked fast to join the other five figures on it.

"Thought you were never coming, mophead," a boy covered in staples and scars said in a dry tone.

"Kurogiri was being more difficult than usual," the one addressed to, said annoyed.

"Overprotective dad?" The first boy said, "Wow, wish I could feel that."

"Dabi, stop being this dramatic," the tired voice of one Mr. Compress could be heard. He was the eldest in the group, and it was evident that he had listened to the boy's whining for a long time. He was called so because of his inhuman ability to "compress" the kids rambling essays into short and precise ones.

Said person rolled his eyes.

"Say, say, Tomura-kun, where is all that blood from?" Toga said excitedly, looking at the rip in said person's sleeve.

"A branch caught it, and no, put that knife down, Toga," Tomura said, sitting down in the circle his friends were in, "Thankfully it's not that deep." 

"How TF will a stray branch even cause a deep cut?" Dabi grumbled. 

Tomura shrugged.

"Well, hello," Twice said, "Come nearer, let the fire warm you."

"Soooooo, what's the motion for today?" Compress said, acting like a judge. 

"Jeez, Compress, this isn't a debate competition," Dabi said, "But yes, you said that you had something to say, mophead."

"I do have something to say," Tomura said, taking out a scroll of parchment and let it unravel to show what it contained.

"A map of the kingdom?" Compress asked with his brows furrowed.

"Look closer," Tomura urged, "There are many places marked with different letters. But—," he put a finger to a huge X in a corner,"Only this one has a huge X. And it's not a place I have been to before." 

"And so?" Dabi said, yawning, "It could be related to some weird science experiments done by the palace scientist, what's so special about it?"

"Listen," Tomura said in a half whine, "I asked Sensei what it was and—"

"He spanked you?" Dabi cut in, successfully managing to earn a death glare and a branch from Tomura.

"N o. But he just said "There are many mysteries which you must discover on your own" and locked me out. So, this must be a signal to—"

"Conduct a foolhardy exploration and pretend that we are land pirates?" Dabi cut in again.

"....I think the word you are looking for is "Dacoit", Dabi," Compress politely interjected.

"But land pirate sounds a lot more cooler," Dabi said.

"It sounds dope and badass af," Toga said with a grin.

"WILL YOU ALL LISTEN TO ME, FFS???" Tomura shouted over all of them.

"Yes, Prince Tomura," they all chirped in unison with an annoying smile.

"....ffs. Anyways, yes, we are gonna go and see this weird site, so if you want to come—"

"OF COURSE WE WILL, WE WILL GO WITH A FRIEND!!!! IT SHALL BE AN HONOUR TO ACCOMPANY YOU, MY PRINCE!!!" Twice said.

"I will go with Tomura-kun too~~," Toga said, trying to juggle her knives, "I am sure that the rest will too~~."

Compress nodded.

"I shall be pleased to travel with you into mystery."

All eyes fell on Dabi now, who shifted uncomfortably.

"Uhm, I guess I will go," he said, putting on his trademark lazy smirk, "Someone has to save all of your ass after all. Besides it will annoy Daddy dearest, so even better."

"So, it's decided then?" Tomura said, beginning to roll it back. 

"YEET," the rest choroused.