CHAPTER 9: PSYCHIC MELODY

The tune of the violin could be heard from the Palace of Endeavor if one listened from a particular point. The window in question seemed to always be covered with frost, so unlike the heartbreaking melody that resounded. Ivy had conquered the back of the once magnificent palace, burnt in one half, presumably as a result of the King's temper tantrums. 

The grass and plants looked leached of life and vitality, as if a disease had struck the land.

"Deku, we literally won't get this kingdom as an ally, how many times do I have to beat this into your head????" 

"....we could always try Kacchan—."

"This. This is what I absolutely hate about you," the straw haired boy's red eyes flashed as he turned to properly glare at the other boy in question, "What the heck is wrong with you???" 

The person spoken to, sunk his head further in his cloak as a response, until only the tops of his green curls were visible. 

A countenance one really wouldn't expect from the Prince Izuku Midoriya. 

"Are you fucking going to answer or should I—," his threats were cut short as a boy with spiky red hair held up a hand. 

"Bakugo, we are on an important mission here, you know—," he spoke, trying to resolve the debate between them.

"Remember crappy Deku, Kirishima is the only one responsible for your continued existence at this point," Bakugo growled.

Izuku nodded quickly, looking terrified. 

A purple haired boy yawned beside him.

"How much longer? I want to sleep…." 

"Well, Shinso-kun, you see—,uhm—," Izuku began, getting cut off by the violin.

All of them looked up in surprise.

The player sounded practiced, and it sounded extremely….hollow.

They were all struck by the raw emotion in it, which rooted them to the spot, making them nearly forget about their mission. 

It went on, and all of a sudden they felt as if they were invading someone's privacy, and if they reached out a little more they would be able to feel the emotions which tormented the player.

"The musicians have really been getting better nowadays, huh?" Bakugo said, trying and failing to not pay attention to it. 

Izuku Midoriya, who cried at the drop of a hat, found his eyes dry, the emotion was so profound and deep that it struck like a well aimed dart which just stayed there. 

Shinso yawned again, rubbing at his eyes. He really should be sleeping more. 

Erased Blood: A MHA fantasy AU On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara