CHAPTER 4: SCARLET VISION

Aizawa's head was reeling after getting the job. It wasn't like that he couldn't do it (as much as his brain liked to tell him), it was the fact that it wasn't everyday where he actually got such an important job. He skipped the daily practice to get down all the data of Stain, the Hero Killer.

No sooner had he taken the quill in his hands, than there was a knock on the door and Commander Takami, also known as the Hero Hawks stepped in, much to Aizawa's displeasure.

It wasn't like he had an issue with the bird, it was that his dual nature was annoying at present.

Not to mention that he annoyingly reminded him of Yamada at times. 

However, this time, he wasn't smiling, instead he looked grim which made Aizawa dread the next words out of his mouth more than usual.

"There has been a murder by the Hero Killer ten minutes ago near the Wailing Forests."

Aizawa was beside him before he had finished speaking.

"Did he leave another note?"

"Yes. Pinned to the trees. The crime scene is undisturbed for you." 

"Who is it?" 

Hawks exhaled.

"Tensei Iida. Hero Ingenium. His brother is inconsolable. I believe he is one of your students."

"Yes. Tenya Iida is my student. I shall take care of it."

By then he was already half way across the hall and he heard Hawks whisper.

"Be careful Eraser." 

His escort was already waiting for him. When he turned around to look for Hawks, he was gone.

Swallowing, he got on his horse and followed the escort to the Wailing Forests.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I heard Stainy killed another person~~," Toga said, skipping into Dabi's room which was covered with papers and brushes and paints. He had taken up art along with serving as an emergency soldier. And he drew well. A picture of the group sitting by the fire hung on the wall, partially obscured by a towering stack of books which had belonged to the previous occupant of the house and which seemed to change positions every night without Dabi's interference and resisted all his attempts to throw it out. Burning also seemed to not have any effects on it.

Tomura had jokingly named it "Nomu".

Which had led to a conversation about the sanity of the man who named a stack of books, which were impossible to read, "Nomu".

Understandably, Tomura hadn't been amused and challenged Dabi to a dueling match out of spite.

Spoiler alert, Dabi lost and he still hadn't gotten his revenge. 

"Fantastic, wonder if he can teach me his sword fighting skills," Dabi said, playing with his pet lizard who he had named Spinner.

The lizard could talk too, and didn't take kindly to be called "pet".

"You should listen to the noble preachings of Stain," said lizard grumbled.

"What, kill people just because they are annoying? Good idea, actually," Dabi said with a lazy smirk.

"No!!! He says to kill the fakes!!!! The fake heroes!!!"

"Yeah, yeah, and I don't have the energy to currently decide that and do a well coordinated murder. Better, just kill them 'cause they looked at me wrong."

"......you just need a reason to attempt to assassinate Tomura Shigaraki."

"Wow, how did you know," Dabi said, feigning surprise before looking at Toga who looked both "Aw, their communication is so adorable" and "How fucking dare you ignore me?"

She was twirling a knife as well, which didn't help their condition either. She liked to cut up things she found cute and also things she found annoying.

"So you were saying…….?" Dabi said, slowly standing up, in case he had to defend himself.

"I said," Toga said, smile still not revealing the lizard and his friend's fate, "Stainy. Killed. Someone."

Dabi was beginning to sweat. 

"And that Tomura-kun had asked us if we wanted to use that as an excuse to sneak into the Wailing Forests." 

Toga's smile finally became something that could be called "Exciting" and they breathed a collective sigh of relief.

"Of course….we have always been wanting to sneak into that forest, so why pass up this chance?" He said with a lazy smirk.

"YAY!!!"

With that he got dragged into the open where the most annoying Prince stood. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tensei Iida was sprawled out on the muddy floor, metal helmet knocked off, revealing his bloodied face. His legs had been mutilated to the extent that they looked less like legs and more like flesh randomly wrapped around bone, covered by sparse strips of leather. 

The area around him was drenched crimson and a few flecks could be seen on the surrounding trees are well.

Evidently he had died of blood loss.

Aizawa's eyes went to the message pinned on the trunk of the tree behind Tensei's head. 

"He was weak

Not how a hero should be like

The only true hero is 

Toshinori Yagi."

This explained why Hawks had looked so grim. 

They were at constant war with that kingdom, which meant that, he was not only a killer on a mislead idealogy, but also a traitor to the state. 

The wind blew and the area erupted into a shrill wailing.

Legend had it that this forest was haunted by the spirits of the dead who were buried here.

And at that moment, staring at the horrified eyes of the victim, Aizawa almost believed it. 

This scarlet that had slowly climbed into his mind's eye was never to be erased.