CHAPTER 3: FRIENDLY VAGABONDS

The Kingdom of Endeavor (renamed by the King Todoroki when he ascended the throne) was certainly a queer one. Maximum effort was used to develop the military to defeat the Kingdom of All Might. The King and heir had gone into hiding following their battle with the Kingdom of UA, without announcing, so the efforts of the military felt sort of wasted.

When the Endeavor army had marched to the Kingdom, they had found it deserted, not one citizen in sight. No King Toshinori Yagi to stop their conquest, no citizens to rule over.

Sense of purpose crushed, they had marched back. 

To the kingdom where time spent drinking water was rationed to devote maximum time to training. 

Touya Todoroki regretted a lot of things in his life. 

But running away from his tyrannical father and abusive household by taking his death and taking the guise of a travelling mage who called himself Dabi was not one of them.

And on the way if he made friends with the Prince of the Kingdom of UA, then who was to stop him?

And technically speaking, he wasn't lying about his identity when he had introduced himself to Tomura Shigaraki.

"Dabi, a mage on the streets." 

The Kingdom of UA was accepting of many outcasts, which is how Dabi had made this place his home. He suspected that the King Shigaraki and Nedzu suspected him of being the "dead" Prince of Endeavor, but they had left him alone for the time being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Himiko Toga was a resident of the Kingdom of All Might. She always had a strange passion for blood and knives, which made her an outcast in the "noble" kingdom. Ostracized by everyone, one day she packed up her things, slipped on a traveller's cloak and ran. 

She stumbled upon a random person on the streets when she wanted to ask for directions, to God knows where, and he took one look at her, and pointed her to towards UA, as if he knew that it was the place where she would find peace.

And friends.

When she had asked for his name, he had given her an intriguing smile and said,

"I am the dealer, Giran."

And simply disappeared as if he had never been there in the first place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Giran, huh," Tomura had said, when they had all been recounting stories of how they had ended up here, "From what I have heard about him from Sensei, he is a mysterious person who appears to the lost and weary, in times of need and directs them to this Kingdom. That's how this Kingdom was built for the record. With the outcasts of other kingdoms."

Then he had stopped, face darkening and refused to talk further.

But from what they could deduce, he was an outcast of another kingdom as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No one came to help, did they? Come here, I will help you." 

A hand showing him the way to light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aizawa Shouta hadn't really expected to find a place to belong. Being given weird stares for his unkempt looks weren't the issue as much as constantly being segregated. 

He wasn't the absolute best at anything, average at the best, with no likeable attributes.

Or so he felt and was made to believe by his sneering fellows. 

After a while he gave up trying to find acceptance, in the bright Kingdom of All Might, where the sun seemed to mock his every move. 

And so he roamed nearer and nearer to the edge of the forest, without family or friends to keep him tethered to the blinding place.

And that was when the mysterious man called Giran showed up to give directions to the Kingdom Of UA.

And he hasn't looked back since. 

~~~~~~~~

A thief was a title no one wanted in the Kingdom Of Endeavor. The punishments were are harsh as the King, and the elders told of the horrors the criminals were made to face.

"They are thrown in the pits of hell," they whispered to the youngsters, "Where Satan roasts them on a stick and swallow them whole."

It was enough to terrify the kids and dissasuade them from wrongdoings. 

If Keigo Takami had to say anything about his father, the thief Takami, then it would be, "First and foremost, he was an idiot. Last, but not the least, he was an idiot." 

According to him, it was mere luck that saved his neck from being chopped off, and he got drafted into the soldier training program. 

Which was pure torture. 

After he emerged in one piece as a soldier, he had nearly forgotten who he was and had no connections to the living. The desertification of King Toshinori hit hard and he wandered around aimlessly until he saw the way to UA. 

God bless Giran, the dealer.