Chapter 15: In Each Other's Embrace

It was a week after they attended the event. Zander felt Isabella had distanced herself from him. He came earlier today. "Good Night." He greeted his family who were having tea in the garden. He noticed how Isabella's body tensed at his voice. He frowned.

   After dinner, every one left for their rooms. Isabella was debating with herself whether to go or to wait till Zander slept. Before she could decide, two arms picked her up. She shrieked. She wrapped her arms around Zander's neck.

   "SSH! Bella , you don't want audience. Do you?". Zander asked her, smirking. She quickly shook her head in 'no'. Zander looked changed. He was smiling. She couldn't digest this new side of him. She was staring at him, trying to find the reason.

  "Like what you see." Zander teased her. She felt like she would lose her conscious. Zander was smiling. Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

   "It's not like that." She said in a low voice. They reached their room. He carefully placed her on the bed. And sat in front of her. "I think it's time to end your hide and seek game." Zander said, sarcastically.

  "I...." Isabella didn't know what to say. She started to bite her lower lip. She was looking at her lap, playing with her fingers. Zander groaned inwardly. Only a little action of hers and he was turned on.

   "Stop it." He said in a stern voice. Isabella became still at her place. Zander grabbed her chin and made her look into his eyes. They were sitting so close. Her face was only few inches away from hers.

  "Tell me, what's the problem." He said. She gulped the lump that formed in her throat. Zander was evaluating her moves with his piercing eyes.

"The---there is no probl-em." Isabella stuttered. "Really." Zander asked. She innocently nodded her head. Zander moved back, shaking his head. He was angry now. Isabella could feel it. His jaws clenched. However his tone was still calm.

"She....." Isabella knew she couldn't lie. She also couldn't hide anymore. But deep down, she was afraid of losing Zander. She didn't know when Zander King became the king of her heart. But now she wanted him all for her. She was afraid that he would leave her anytime. So she was running away from him.

   "I am waiting, wife." Isabella looked at Zander with stunned expressions. Did he just call her wife? "Bella." Seeing her lost, Zander called her name and shook her shoulder.

  "Yes." Isabella asked. "I asked you something." Zander was trying hard to act calm. He didn't want to scare his little wife.

   "She said I am trophy wife....you loved her and I am Villian. You will leave...." She blurted out.

Before, she could complete Zander slammed his lips on hers. "never, I mean never trust anyone except me."  Zander ordered her. He was placing feathery kisses on her neck. He bit her collarbone.

   "Zan-der." She called him but her voice came out as a moan. Growling, Zander stopped his sweet torture. He frowned at Isabella.

Asking through his eyes that what happened. She slowly went to the table and picked her phone. She opened something and gave mobile to Zander. Zander looked at screen.

His eyes turned hard. It was his pictures with Brianca. That too quite suspicious in Australia. He went out of the room without giving a single glance in her direction.

  Did he went to Brianca? She thought. He didn't even told her the truth. With all the negative thoughts, she cried until sleep consumed her.

    At the middle of night, she felt that someone moved her towards him. She was too tired to open her eyes. Zander traced with his finger the tear marks in her face. He looked at his wife lovingly. He placed his lips on her eyes one by one. She just hugged him back in her sleep.

   The serenity she felt in his arms was not provided by the pillow or comforter. After so long , they both slept peacefully in each others embrace.

    One promised to never leave the other and the other promised to compromise in every situation just to fell in his embrace, every night.