Phillips

The next week we got into a bit of a pickle during baseball. Benny hit the ball but got stuck in between Yeah-Yeah and Squints. They were throwing it back and fourth until Benny got out of it and ran a homer. All of the boys groaned and hit him with their gloves. Suddenly a group of boys came riding in to the Sandlot, Squints threw his hands in the air. "Oh, no!"
We all walked over to them once they stood their ground. I stood on the side next to Yeah-Yeah, he stepped in front of me a bit, almost protectively? "Yeah, it's easy when you play with a bunch of rejects and a fat kid, Rodriguez" Phillips said. Benny pointed his bat at him "Shut your mouth, Phillips." Ham widened his eyes at him and leaned forward "What'd you say, crap face?"
Phillips grinned "I said you shouldn't even be allowed to touch a baseball. Except for Rodriguez and pretty girl over there, you're all an insult to the game." I scoffed and leaned forward ready to punch him, but Yeah-Yeah held me back. Ham crossed his arms over his chest "Come on! We'll take you on right here, right now! Come on!" We all yelled in agreement. Phillips scowled "We play on a real diamond, Porter. You ain't good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats." I stood forward "Watch it, jerk." Phillips turned to me "Awe, look its The Sandlot girl. You know if you joined our team some of the boys here, including me, could actually be uh date-worthy" I sighed "Who in the right mind would date someone like you? Besides I'm not into Crap eaters." Phillips jumped off his bike and walked closer to me "You're pathetic, you know that right? No wonder your mom didn't want you" That was it, I was done with Phillips. I put up the rude finger and walked back to the group.

Ham laughed at Phillips "See? No girls want you Phillips!" He said.
"Shut up, idiot!" He retaliated.
"Moron!"
"Scab eater!"
"Butt sniffer!"
"Pus licker!"
"Fart smeller!"
"You eat dog crap for breakfast, geek."
"You mix your Wheaties with your mama's toe jam!"
"You bob for apples in the toilet, and you like it."
Ham looked pissed. "You play ball like my mom!" Everyone gasped. Well, except me. I was standing there still shocked at what Phillips had said to me about my mom. How did he know? I was almost on the verge of crying. But I tried so hard not to let it happen. Phillips scoffed "what did you say?" He asked. "You heard me." Ham answered coldly.
"Tomorrow. Noon. At our field. Be there, buffalo-butt breath." Phillips informed. "Count on it, pee-drinking crap face!" Ham said lastly. Phillips was just about to turn around when he pulled me into him and whispered into my ear "I bet your mom never even wished you were born." And then he rode of with his baseball buddies. Leaving me there. All of the boys jogged up to me.
"Y/n?"
"What'd he say?"
"You okay?"
I faced them with tears in my eyes "I don't want to talk about it" I said, walking off crying. Just as I was about to exit The Sandlot I heard someone running up to me. I turned around to be face to face with Yeah Yeah. We were both silent when all of a sudden he wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me. I sniffled and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Yeah, yeah, it's okay." He said. Then, out of the blue. All the other boys ran up and did a massive group hug. While I was in the middle crying and laughing.

Later that day we practised baseball as much as we could until dark. Then we started walking home, I was walking by myself until Yeah Yeah grabbed my shoulder and walked next to me. "Hey." He said, I glanced at him and smiled weakly "you wanna know what Phillips said to me today don't you?" I asked. He raised his eyebrows "Yeah uh- how did you know?" I shook my head and laughed. "You're not very hard to read Yeah-Yeah McClennan" I answered. He smirked "Yeah? Alright then. But seriously what did he say?" He asked. I frowned, remembering what Phillips said not too long ago. "You know how I'm Scotty's half sister? Well I have a different mom... she uh- left me and my dad a while ago. I don't know how, but Phillips knew and so he told me that my mom never wanted me and that she wished I was never born. It just got to me, that's all." I stated. Yeah Yeah frowned at me. "Y/n, that's not okay. Why didn't you punch him or something?! I swear to God if that jerk even says a word to you tomorrow I'm gonna mess him up." Yeah Yeah said. I rolled my eyes and blushed "You know, out of all the boys. You are always helping me even in the slightest of ways." I said staring into the night sky. "That's because you're way too clumsy to do anything! The first time I ever set eyes on you, you fell over!" He laughed. We got to the front of his house "See you tomorrow, Yeah Yeah" I say. He waves at me "Oh uh, see ya."

I made it atleast five steps away from his house when he grabbed my wrist and turned me around "The reason I help you so much, and the reason I always joke with you. Is because I like you Y/n." He admitted, I probably had the biggest smile. I kissed his cheek "I like you too, idiot" I reached out to playfully punch his shoulder when he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him to the point where I could feel his breathing on my cheek, he kissed it but then I moved my head so that our lips joined and we were kissing passionately. After 10 seconds we parted to breathe. "Okay, I seriously have to go home now." I said. He sighed "okay, um, see you," he said and then blew a kiss at his front door jokingly. I laughed and caught it.

A/n: so um, hope you liked that! I'm probably going to try shift to the sandlot soon. I say soon because I'm on holidays and I'm sharing a room and..you know if that person heard me talking to myself like "i am shifting" or "I can shift" they will probably think I'm being possessed or something so...yeah...stay tuned for my next part!