Lost Ball

A/n: super sorry for not updating in ages. Didn't feel very motivated as I started simping for young Ralph Macchio...but after reading some Yeah Yeah fan fiction it made me feel motivated again!

I ran up to all of them and gave them all side hugs. "You guys ain't sick anymore?" I asked jokingly. They all snickered and ran off to their bases. Benny was batting again, for obvious reasons. He hit the ball with hard force and it went zooming past everyone until the guts literally exploded out of it. We all ran up and circled around the remaining of it. "Bitchiń." I murmered. Benny shook his head "Nah, it ain't." Squints scoffed "Come on, Benny man. Maybe two or three guys in history ever busted the guts out of a ball. Must be an omen."

"All it means is that we can't play no more. I mean its only 12:30, and I just ruined the whole day for us." Benny replied negatively. "No, you didn't. That's the most amazing thing I ever saw." Kenny exclaimed. "Yeah," Yeah, Yeah agreed.

"Anybody got any money?" Benny asked. We all replied no. "Then it ain't okay, cause now we can't play no more." Scotty continued to stare, mesmerised at the ball as he said "Yeah, we can." I looked up at him confused "Scotty, I don't think we have 98 cents lying around the house right now. Right?" I asked. He shook his head "Well, no we don't. But we got a ball." All of the boys shoved him away and started yelling "Go get it!"

Scotty ran off to our house while we all waited at The Sandlot. I don't remember having a baseball at our house. But who knows.

I stood at my base waiting patiently for Scotty to get back before someone held both my shoulders and whispered in my left ear "boo!" I flinched. "Seriously Yeah Yeah? You're such an idiot." I mumbled. "Thanks...babe." He replied with a smirk, I shook my head in shock at what he just called me. Babe? I stammered while he looked at me in victory. My face felt heated and I knew I was blushing. He kissed my cheek and ran off to go talk with Squints. Leaving me there melting away.

"I got it! I got the ball guys! Here Benny, I got it." Scotty called while he ran up to Benny with a grin. "Bitchin'. Your ball, your ups. Here you go." Benny said handing him the bat. Scotty examined the bat while nodding slowly "Okay." Everyone got in place and the game started.

"Batter up!" Ham yelled.

The first pitch Scotty got a strike but the second one was massive. Holy hell! The ball was heading near me so I started backing up "Oh, man. Oh, man." I said as I got to the fence. Damn it! The ball went over. But that was a great hit. Benny patted Scotty on the back as he walked up "Yeah Smalls! Who's the big batter now?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You know you're meant to turn, right? Why didn't you run the whole way?" I asked. But Scotty just walked up to the fence and ignored everyone. He turned around slowly "We gotta get that ball back." He stated. We all laughed until he yelled "No you don't understand, that wasn't my ball!" Squints pushed up his glasses with an annoyed look. "What do you mean that wasn't your ball?"

"It was my step-dad's." He pointed to me "Well, Y/n's dad. I stole it from his trophy room. It was a present or something. Somebody gave it to him. But we gotta get it back. He's gonna kill me!" A present? What's he talking about? Squints huffed. "Oh my.. listen to me Smalls. This is a matter of life and death. Where did your old man get that ball?" He asked looking at me and Smalls waiting for an answer. Suddenly, it hit me.

"Scotty... you don't mean... please tell me it wasn't that ball on the stand." I said hoping for the love of God it wasn't that one. He nodded quickly "Yeah!" I mentally screamed "You idiot! That ball was signed by Babe Ruth!" I yelled. I ran up to the fence and climbed to the top of it. As I heard all of the boys yell babe Ruth in the background I was trying to look for the ball. All of them climbed up the fence as well. "Yeah, yeah, Smalls is in deep shit." Yeah, Yeah said to me. "I know." I replied. We all peeked our heads over and waited for some sign of the beast. And we most definitely got it.

A giant paw landed on the ball and took it, there was also loud growling noises. I got startled and fell off of the fence landing on my back as everyone else jumped down screaming. I got up and dusted myself off. Yeah Yeah landed next to me "You alright?" He asked. I nodded and walked away from the fence. Kenny panted out of breath. "The beast got it."

"You're dead as a doornail, Smalls." Timmy said. "You're dead as a doornail, Smalls." Tommy repeated.

"Smalls, you mean to tell me that you went home, and swiped a ball that was signed by Babe Ruth, and younbrought it out here and actually played with it?" Timmy asked. "Actually played with it?!" Tommy repeated less.

"Yeah! Yeah, but I was gonna bring it back." He answered. Squints put his hands in the air. "But it was signed by Babe Ruth!" I nodded "C'mon Scotty you know how much dad loves that ball." Scotty fell to the ground and landed on his knees. "I don't feel so good." He murmered. I ran up to sit beside him and patted his back. "Uh oh, give him air." Bertram said. I shook my head and sighed. "We have to get that ball back." I stated. Benny thought for a moment until he got something "All right, when does your old man get home from work?" He asked me.

I stood back up with Scotty. "He's gone on business. So he's outta town," I answered. "...but he could be back any time." I finished. Benny put on his baseball cap and pointed at me "All right, find out when." He turned to the others "And, guys, spread out, and look for bottles, and cash 'em in. We need 98 cents. We gotta buy us a ball." He ordered.

We got out of the Vincent drugstore and gave Benny a pen to forage Babe Ruth's signature on the baseball. We crowded around him. "Baby Ruthie?" Scotty questioned. I turned to him "Geez, you need to get glasses like Squints if you can't see what that says. It spells out BABE RUTH." I said.

"I dunno Benny, man." Kenny said negatively.

"Yeah, yeah, boy, that looks pretty crappy." You can guess who said that. I turned to him "You think everything looks crappy." I stated. He smirked and took a second glance at me "not you." He said before quickly turning away to comment on the ball more.

That night me and Scotty had to put the ball in the trophy room. We did it successfully but mom found us in there and started talking about him. Boy, oh, boy, we're going to have a tough day tomorrow.