Promise

It has been a few days since the carnival incident, in those few days all of the boys stayed home because they apparently still didn't feel well. I visited Yeah Yeah a couple of times, mainly to drop of some things that might help him feel better. I learnt that his dad just left for the military, he didn't talk much about it. But I understood.
I decided to go to the Vincent Drugstore before arriving at the Sandlot to buy some stuff that my step mom said she needed. I left Scotty at home so he could do the dishes and suffer by himself.

After buying everything, I walked to the back of the shop to check off my list when I realised that there was an older group of boys hanging around. I tried to turn back around but one of them, slim with dark hair and acne, walked in front of me blocking my way. As I stood there stuck in my tracks I had time to process that there were four of them. Who knows what they were planning on doing. But I wasn't going to let that happen, so I dodged the first guy and started running for my life towards Yeah Yeahs house. Hopefully he would still be there and not at the Sandlot yet. As I started paying less attention to the ground I fell over a large chunk taken out of the concrete, I almost did a somersault and I dropped my stuff "Ow!" I yelped as I hit the ground with a thud. "Shit." I mumbled, I think I hurt my ankle real bad.

I tried to get back up but my ankle just really wasn't helping. I had to limp the rest of the way to Yeah Yeahs house with a cut cheek and a badly hurt ankle. Just my luck..
I made it to his house and knocked on the door twice before he opened it. He looked me up and down before laughing. "What did ya do now?" He asked with an amused face. "I- uh- was going for a run, I just tripped.." I put on a fake smile and changed the subject. "Anyway, let's go to the Sandlot." Yeah Yeah shook his head in disagreement. "No, your cheek is scratched and its bleedin', come inside for a second and I'll clean you up." I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off getting impatient "Come on girl, stop being so stubborn." At that I limped inside his house and sat on his brown leather couch, he stood in front of me and raised his eyebrow "You're limping to? Geez." I smiled awkwardly and looked around to see where his mom was, but I couldn't hear or see her. "Is your mom at work?" I asked. He nodded his head and walked off into the bathroom. A few seconds later he came back out and sat next to me with a wet face washer. "This'll sting a bit." He warned before pressing it onto my cheek. I winced from the sudden sting that I was specifically warned about.

I looked into Yeah Yeahs blue eyes while he looked into mine. "You're so reckless, you know that right?" He murmered. "I know." I answered, even though running away and falling was a good cause. He didn't know that. Yeah Yeah took off the face washer and put a bandage where it was instead. "Thank you." I mumbled. He put his hand on my cheek and leaned in quickly, just to give me a peck on the lips. I frowned at how quick it was, so I leaned in and kissed him more passionately and longer. I felt him smile into the kiss so I stopped, then it was his turn to frown. "Well how do you like it?" I asked jokingly. He rolled his eyes and opened a pack of gum "Want some?" He asked. I shook my head and headed for the door with the pain in my ankle still there but less than before so I didn't limp much. Yeah Yeah followed me out the door and we started walking together towards the Sandlot.

We were almost there when across the road were the same four boys I saw at the Vincent Drugstore. They saw me and walked over to us. Yeah Yeah glanced at me confused. A blonde haired one with brown eyes laughed "Well look who it is again. You were quite fast...until you fell." Yeah Yeah turned to me "What are they talkin about Y/n?" He questioned. I sighed and whispered into his ear "I haven't been totally honest with you." Before I could say anymore the blondey stepped in "You know we were only gonna talk with ya." He said. Yeah Yeah turned to him "Yeah, yeah, and kidnap her or some shit." The blonde then turned angry and jabbed his finger at him. "Listen here you little shit-" Yeah Yeah scoffed and stepped forward pushing him away "No, you listen here, alright? Try to talk to her again and you're a dead man, got it?" They all looked at each other slightly worried until one of them said "She was boring anyway" and walked off with all the other idiots.

I assumed Yeah Yeah was mad at me after explaining what had happened before. Meanwhile we walked to the Sandlot in silence. Complete silence. None of the boys were at the Sandlot yet though. As we both walked through the field I built up the confidence to speak.  "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about them," I apologised. He looked at me and clenched his jaw before looking away again. "Why didn't you say anything?" He asked. I opened my mouth to speak but realised I didn't know what to say, until I thought about it more. "I feel like you're always worrying about me, I didn't tell you because I didn't think it was a big deal. It's not like they hurt me," I pointed to my ankle "I did this to myself." Yeah Yeah started chewing his gum more aggressively "I don't care if they didn't hurt you. They could've. Who knows what they could've done to you," he looked at the grass "Its like they were trying to flirt with you as well." He mumbled. I laughed "Is this what it's mainly about? I think what you're experiencing right now is jealousy Mr. McClennan." I stated before getting caught in his serious eyes. "Sorry." I apologised for the second time. "Stop apologising." He said before intertwining our hands."Just promise to never lie to me again, even if it's not a big deal." I nodded and looked at him with adoration. "I promise."

"Hey!" A few people called from a distance. I turned around and saw all of the boys. They're back!!