beginning

emplacement: Seoul, KS U

23/10/28

thump~

"ouch" the male groaned as he raised up his head with a red spot on his forehead.

"serves you right for banging your head on the lunch table and almost making my plate fall!" his friend protested with annoyance, for it was not the first time he saw the male all worked up.

seeing his friend not moving and staring at the wall behind him with mad eyes, he sighed.

"look, jeno, it's just a B-"

"B minus!" the other cut off.

"-a B minus. it's not like you'll redo a year just because of this one grade! look at all your straight A's!"

jeno looked at his friend with desperation.

"taehyun, you don't understand! i've never ever gotten an A in this fucking chemistry class! if i don't stay on top, all my past efforts would be all useless."

taehyun took pity in his friend. "oh, jen, i know it's hard for you to keep this scholarship..." he then cleared his throat.

"tell you what, i can help you study for all the next chem exams before the end of this year! how does that sound?"

"you'd really do that for me?" jeno looked up with shiny eyes.

taehyun nodded. "of course! what are friends for, right?"

jeno lunched himself at his friend and embraced him in a tight hug.

"thank you so much! you don't know how much this means to me!"

a giggle was heard from the other's lips.

"chill, i'm just helping you study, not buying you a house!"

"and it's just your arms that you'll lose if you continue hugging him like that." a low voice from the back said.

"gyu!"

"beomgyu!" jeno quickly unlatched himself from the youngest of them three. even though he trained for almost ten years in self defence, he knew to never mess with choi beomgyu.

nor kang taehyun either, if he thinks of it.

"okay..." the short male said in attempt to break the tension. "so when do we start?"

"start what?" his boyfriend looked at him for an explanation.

"since i'm failing biochem, taehyun offered to help me study for the next exams."

jeno caught on the jealous stares from the daegu boy. "you could join too if you want, since i know you're even worse than me."

"yah! eighty percent is NOT failing! and who said i'm failing chemistry!" he fake pouted.

his boyfriend giggled and kissed his pout in attempt to make him smile again. "you're not failing, but on the verge, hyung. i don't mind tutoring you." he winked, making the older chuckle.

jeno couldn't help but smile fondly at their interactions, even though he was third wheeling yet again. but deep down, he was envious of their relationship, he also wanted that kind of love with his no-where-to-be-found partner.

"guys! guys! guys!" a loud voice was heard throughout the whole cafeteria, ruining the two lovebirds' moment.

"yes kai. we're here, no need to emphasize that we're guys." jeno replied.