✯ uncover ✵

emplacement: Seoul, NCT mansion
23/10/31

(we are secret, can't be exposed)

"my parents... i didn't have a happy childhood neither. none of us did." jeno sucked a breath. "my parents, they weren't the type you'd ask for."

jaemin's face remained the same. jeno continued.

"i guess they weren't happy either, and with me, i guess they felt that their damned life had something to do with me. a-and so they took their anger on me, i-in all sorts of ways i c-can't explain." his eyes welled up in tears.

jaemin's mind started panicking. "hey hey, if you don't wanna tell me, don't force yourself."

jeno shook his head and wiped his tears with his sleeve. "no it's okay. just got a little e-emotional." he took a deep breath.
"my a-aunt saw the condition i was in, and tried to take me under her wing. she e-enrolled me to school, up u-until seventh grade, w-when my p-parents decided to lock me in and n-never go out again."

now jaemin thinks back at his childhood. aside from having no parents and no one that cared for him, he still had been able to gain a little freedom. by sneaking outside of the orphanage gates, of course.

"they're coping m-mechanism was t-taking it out on me, whether it was physically, emotionally , and s-sometimes sexually!" he hid his face in his palms. jaemin heard some sniffs, before the older spoke again.

"on my birthday, i ran away. they had knives in hand, and i got scared. the day i finally became a teenager, i escaped. and doyoung hyung found me."

not knowing how to comfort the teary-eyed male, jaemin opted for a hug, and engulfed the hunched figure on the bed.

"i just... i don't know if they're still alive, or if they're s-still looking for me. i don't want to remember them!"

"shhh, it's okay. you're safe here, right? with taeyong and jaehyun and everyone else." jaemin soothed. "plus, if you ever see them again, i'm sure you'll be able to beat them to hell." jeno laughed softly at that, his eyes crinkled, and snot still ran out of his nose.

"i'm sorry, i just ruined your shirt..."

jaemin giggled. "don't worry, i love sleeping with a tear-stained shirt at night."

jeno rolled his eyes. "just change into another one. if you don't have anymore shirts, take one of mine."

jaemin shook his head. "nah, i'll go shirtless tonight." he wiggled his eyebrows. jeno laughed fully and hit his chest, while quickly diverting his eyes from jaemin and closing the lamp on the bedside table, cheeks on fire.

"let's just sleep. i have school tomorrow."

"are you sure you don't need me to pick you up after school?" johnny asked one last time as he stopped in front of the school entrance, where many students stared at their direction.

jeno nodded tiredly, eyes half-lidded and a little puffy. " yeah, i'll be careful so don't worry."

johnny didn't seem half-convinced. "just call me if you change your mind." jeno sent him a smile and bid him goodbye as he got off of the car. "thanks, hyung!" he closed the door and waved the car goodbye.

as he walked through the school gates, he felt many eyes on him, and heard the buzzing of their whispers. jeno ducked his head and looked to the ground trying to keep a low profile. he had never received that much attention before. those stares were mainly from the flashy tesla johnny had to choose to bring him to school, he thought. what's so good about that car anyways. the only thing in which tesla was useful was for the stocks kun liked to spend his free time on.