An ode to the passing year

Like every shooting star carries the burden of fulfilling our wishes, this year also carried the burden of all that went wrong. Someone died, this year was so unlucky. You didn't water your plants and they dried, this year was cursed. You didn't get your favourite college, this year is all wrong. Anything and everything that was minutely uncomfortable was automatically 2020's doing. But think about all the chill and calm nights that came along with it, all the endless binge watching sessions, all the master chef cooking that you did and most importantly all the new hobbies that you picked up. Why didn't we give that credit to 2020 for giving us enough time to reach the most desolated corners of our unconscious mind that was brimming with the suppressed dreams. Why didn't we give the poor year the credit for helping us slow down. No I'm not saying that the year was all rainbows and ponies, it definitely was not. But can't we just for a moment be grateful for all that we got this year. Maybe we don't see it right now, but a decade later we will realise that getting trapped in our own home was way more comfortable than we made it seem. We'll get to know how privileged we were to sit in the comfort of our homes with our favourite food and all that we were worried about was which show to watch next. Now I won't go around lecturing on gratitude when I myself am guilty of whining about this year. But I'm thankful to all my friends, my family and my extended family of sisters. Not to forget my Bhailu and multiple Oppas ;-) They not only kept me as sane as I could be but also joined me in my crazy endeavours. Saranghae 2020, thank you for understanding me a little better.
Now as I'm ending this letter, it's exactly 11:30 pm and all I feel is calm. Maybe because I embraced all that happened this year. I am not hoping for a miracle in the New Year because it's definitely not a Genie but I do wish that it will be spared off of taking the burn of all the shitty things that happens next year.

A Very Happy New Year to all!
Keep falling in love ;-)