Chapter 2

Carter

I nodded at my beta. "Thank you Logan." I said to him as he opened the door to the pack prison. I walked down the stairs as the smell of metallic blood reached my nose. The newest rogues were in the largest cell. There was a mom, a dad, 2 girls and 3 older boys. I stopped outside their cell door. "What are your names?" I asked the eldest man stood up, and was holding the eldest woman's hand "I'm Connor Lancaster, this is my wife and mate, Juliette. These are my daughters, Lilah, and Lisa , and my sons, Jonathan, Kyle, and Landen." He said. His daughters hid behind him and the sons stood protectively to their parents sides. I could tell Connor was an alpha. But where was his pack? "Do you have any other family?" He nodded "yes, my youngest daughter, Hazel." My wolf was howling with excitement when he said his youngest daughters name. I was confused "why are you on our territory?" I asked. "We didn't know it was your territory, sir. We just found a tree, and I built the tree house that was there. And we have lived there since then. My first son and the rest of my children were born there. Sir, we mean you no harm." He said, Juliette stood up and gasped "Hazel is alone! What if your pack finds her and hurts her?" The sons let out viscous growls, and I growled back. "if I find her, I will put her in the cell next to you." Juliette sat on the bench and put her head in her hands, and Connor wrapped his arms around her and whispered soft words of comfort in her ear. I turned and walked out of the prison and towards the pack house.