ஜ𝓘𝓥ஜ

It's been a week since their "first" meeting.

The final games of the worldwide international volleyball championship will be held in 2 hours. Ushijima was usually composed, serious, and calm. But this time, he felt the fiery emotion growing within him. It was as if he found his long lost motivation and enthusiasm, which he lost after leaving Shiratorizawa.

He felt oddly hyped up for the match.

Maybe it's because it's a match with one of the greatest opponents he ever faced, maybe it's because he had a great breakfast today, maybe...

Puzzled thoughts overflowed in his mind. But, deep down, he knew, it was because Tendou will be watching this game.

It was a bizarre feeling, where he looked forward to something so much, to the point of doing his best to impress someone. He never had that.

"Fweeet!" the sound of the whistle encircled the arena. It's time.

Ushijima and his team players enter the court to begin, the final game. If he won this game, he would have continued his father's legacy of leading Japan to the pinnacle of the volleyball world. It was once a dream he had since he was a boy.

But, at that point, Ushijima has unconsciously forgotten most of that. All that mattered was ---"Tendou is watching."

It was a mystery how Tendou could push him that far.

Why? Even though they just met?

The squeaking of sneakers pulsated throughout the arena.

He was able to focus more than usual, the ball, the opponents, his teammates, the court.

His legs bend and a strong surge of power flowing within his body, he jumped as if he's flying high up in the sky. He was in his top condition, an eager smile surfaced on his face. The touch of the volleyball on his hand, it felt good. At that second, time suddenly stops, silence shrouded the arena, in the audiences' eyes, there was only one lone figure. They forgot to breathe, mesmerized by that beautiful yet strong figure, which again, burning with passion.

"Baaaam!"

The sound of the ball slamming to the ground broke the short silence, which knocked the audiences' attention back to the court.

Screams and cheers yet again loaded the arena. Japan has won the match.

"We won, Ushijima-san, we won!" Hinata exclaimed gleefully, he bursts into tears of happiness. Not just Hinata, the whole team did. They almost flooded the arena with their sweat and tears.

Ushijima spared a glance at Hinata and let out a small grin, "Yes, we won."

Startled by Ushijima's unexpected response, the edge of Hinata's lips lifted so high as if the small simple comment could just raise him to the moon. Hinata turned his face towards Kageyama who was watching him, eyes filled with elation.

Hinata ran towards Kageyama like a skyrocket, cuddling himself into Kageyama's embrace.

Didn't know when it started, Ushijima started to talk less and less as he lost his passion on the way. He grew so strong that the excitement of challenging tough opponents have completely decayed away.

Audiences may think that he seemed cool, teammates might think he seemed arrogant...But he did not care less about it. People's comments shall stay by them, that's his way of thinking.

But that was in the past now.

The Ushijima right this instant was anticipating the future, he felt powerful surges of energy ceaselessly flowing within his body, swelling up his heart.

"Ba-dump, ba-dump..."

He felt his blood boiling, his heart rate increasing at a rapid rate as if it was chasing the sun, a sensation he never felt for ages.

"You look strangely pumped up today, did something happen?" Kageyama walked towards Ushijima. (Hinata still clinging to Kageyama)

"He came today," Ushijima muttered while screening through in the sea of audiences, where his gaze fell on one.

"He?" Kageyama was mildly confused, he traced Ushijima's gaze to spot a lone figure.

"That's Tendou ain't it, your middle blocker? It's been a long time since I saw him. I heard he became a chocolatier in Paris."

"What do you mean, do you know him?"

"Did you forget, he was Shiratorizawa's middle blocker, whom you played together during the game between Shiratorizawa and Karasuno?"

Ushijima took a step back, befuddled. He found himself lost in his forest of thoughts.

Kageyama tilted his head slightly, perplexed by Ushijima's concerning expression. He double patted Ushijima's back, "Let's go, we still need to say our thanks to the opponent."