ஜ𝓥𝓘ஜ

After group dinner.

Ushijima parted ways with them and walked home, only accompanied by the lonely moon hanging high up in the night sky. The street lamps that weren't burned out projected little circles of white light onto the cracked sidewalk, which a solitary figure could be seen. His nose was dyed red, the tips of his fingertips were pinkish as he snugged his hands in his jacket. He could hear the wind howling, the leaves crackling under his heavy footsteps, his breath which he exhaled formed vapor clouds.

"Fall is almost over." He mumbled.

He took out his phone from his pocket, the screen displayed, [11:30 pm]. He checked his message, but the mailbox was empty, "I guess he's really busy, or maybe, he slept."

Ushijima: Good night, Tendou.

The message was sent, he switches off his phone and returned it into his pocket. He immersed himself into his thoughts which whirled around in his mind. He closed his eyelids and took a deep breath.

Who is Tendou? Kageyama said he was my middle blocker in Shiratorizawa, but I don't have any recollection of that. Do they know each other? Why did I not know of this? The doctor told me I don't have any memory loss, but I kept on having a hunch that there are holes in my memory. Do I...know him?

Unknowingly, Ushijima arrived at his house.

His house was big, far too spacious just for one to live in. He entered the house and switched on the lights to brighten up the dull room. Considering he became an adult, he decided to be independent and left his house. His father which he barely could meet moved overseas, he would visit his mother from time to time though.

He was drained, physically, and mentally. The game today and the dinner party made him wonder how his team members endured by attending group dinner every single time after the competition. Furthermore, those unsolved puzzles in his head couldn't stop tormenting him.

He placed his bag on the couch and head straight to the bathroom to take a hot bath. The water calmed him down, he could feel his mind relaxing. He shut his eyes, feeling the touch of the water on his skin, he liked that. He enjoyed taking the bath as it calms him down, clearing his mind, and gave him warmth.

He opened his eyes and his gaze strayed out to the window, where a lone moon glows in the sombre night sky without the accompaniment of stars. He tried to extend his hand to grasp it, but sadly he couldn't. The moon was so out of reach, that made him realize he was just one in 7 billion people, which seemed so insignificant compared to the vast universe. Sure, his height gave him an advantage, but he wasn't special, he just worked hard, yet no one ever realized that fact. People tend to only view the success of the people and praised or envied them, never know the blood, sweat, and tears behind that curtain of success.

Sigh

He got out of the bathtub and reached for the towel.

"Message!" the sound of the phone notification popped up. He left the bathroom and grabbed his phone.

[12:30am]

"Who?" his eyes glued on the screen where the time displayed 12:30 am. It was midnight, who in the right mind would even send him a message?

Tendou: I'm sorry for sending such a late message, but good night, Ushijima. ^^

It's Tendou.

His face brightened, he didn't even wait to wipe the water droplets on his body or wear his clothes properly before replying to Tendou's sudden message.

Tap tap

Ushijima: It's okay.

Tendou: Oh, you are still awake, or did I woke you up? I'm sorry if I did...

Ushijima: I just got out of the bath.

Tendou: Why did u take it so late?

Ushijima: Group celebration dinner.

Tendou: Oh...Did you have fun?

Ushijima: I don't know.

Tendou: You don't know? How could you not know yourself? Hmm...Do you want to join the group dinner next time?

Ushijima: Tired. Don't think so.

Tendou: Oh, I'm sorry for taking your time, you should rest soon.

Ushijima: It's okay.

Tendou: Well then, nites, sleep tight, sweet dreams! I loved your match today, and congrats on your victory, you worked hard for it, I'm glad the hard work paid off!

That last message Tendou sent made him flinch, no one ever praised his hard work. A smile filled with satisfaction surfaced on his face.

Ushijima: Thank you. Good night, Tendou.

He placed his phone on the table and dried himself by using the towel. He wore his black T-shirt and shorts then went to bed. Even though the weather was chilly, the blanket was cozy and warm. The moonlight caressing his face as if beckoning him to sleep.

As his consciousness ebbed, his mind went into free fall, swirling with the beautiful chaos in his dream realm.

------------------------

Hello again!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thanks for the comments and the votes.^^

**That drawing wasn't mine.

Stay safe and happy.

Peace :)