ஜ 𝓥 ஜ

The match ended, Ushijima evaded the crowd and reporters and headed straight for the last row of the seat near the exit.

Huff

He could hear the loud thumping of his heart as his breath rate increases. He didn't know what he was nervous about, nor he had the additional space in his mind to comprehend that.

"Tendou, hi," Ushijima stopped his tracks as he reached the last row.

"Hey, Ushijima, congrats! You were so cool back there!" Tendou snugged a bouquet towards Ushijima.

Ushijima held onto the bouquet, "Thanks, Tendou," he huffed.

...

"Tendou."

"Yes?" Tendou answered meekly.

"Can I have some of your time?"

Tendou was bewildered, he didn't have plans afterward, but he wouldn't want to talk one-to-one with Ushijima, he has yet sorted his mind. He was happy about the invite, it's just, not the right time to face Ushijima yet.

"I'm sorry, I can't, unfortunately, I have plans afterward." He refused Ushijima politely with an apologizing tone.

Yes, this is how it should be. After all, they were just friends. Don't fall deeper, Tendou.

"Oh, it's okay..." Ushijima stammered. Of course, being pushy as he was, would scare away people ain't it? He has heaps of questions hammering his head, he seeks answers, but he wouldn't want to ruin Tendou's plans afterward, it's rude to keep on pushing Tendou.

"I'll take my leave, goodbye Ushijima." Tendou slightly nodded his head and left.

Ushijima stood there, watching Tendou's back figure diminishing in size as it finally vanished from his sight.

"I'll ask him next time," he frowned.

...

"Ushijima-san, what are you doing there?"

The voice snapped him back to reality, where he still stood there, with the mind that wandered around aimlessly. His gaze trailed the origin of the scream, which draws him to Hinata, who was waving at him frantically. He stepped back to the court to return to his teammates.

"Ushijima-san, you have to join us for dinner this time! I won't let you run away!" Hinata giggled merrily. "You can't refuse it this time!"

"Just come just this time, we wanted to celebrate our victory in the international competition. You are the MVP of this game, after all," Kageyama lightly pats his hand on Hinata's hair and shuffled, "This guy really look forward to it, so please do attend, I wouldn't want him to pester me for it again."

"Wha- don't mess with my hair! Wait till I grow taller than you, I'll step on you!!!" Hinata hissed while struggling out of Kageyama's palm. He threw a small glare at Kageyama and sulked.

"Heh, you can't even grow anymore, I wonder how would you even step on me, you dumbass (boke)!" Kageyama sneered.

"I- I can! Just you wait!" Hinata stuck out his tongue at Kageyama.

"Pfft, sure," Kageyama snickered.

Watching the two interact, Ushijima let out a small chuckle, "sure, I'll go."

The whole team went speechless, they couldn't believe what he just said nor the genuine smile he wore on his face. Hinata skipped joyfully then clung towards Kageyama by grabbing Kageyama's arm, it was the first time Ushijima ever accepted his invitation to go for group dinner, of course, he's on cloud nine.

"Let's go then!" 

...