ஜ 𝓘 ஜ

Ushijima Wakatoshi was always in the spotlight, standing in the ever so spacious court, thousands and millions cheering for his name.

Being known as the prodigy of the century, with countless admirers supporting him and constantly shower him with praises, he was recognised as one of the most successful people. His looks, his talent and his accomplishments pushed him up to the zenith of success, where most people dreamt to be. His name was spread across the countries, his fame expands to not only Japan but all around the globe. 

He should be pleased, he achieved his lifelong dream, that was being in the volleyball team representing his country. But, he felt as if there was a vital piece of him missing, where the passion for volleyball during his time from Shiratorizawa was not there anymore...  He couldn't even declare "I love volleyball," confidently anymore, which he could without hesitation with an unwavering heart if he was still the same person years ago. Time flies, things change, people change, so do their heart. Who knows what might happen in the future, what's important was to be able to grab ahold of the present. So all he could do was just focus on the match, score and bring glory to his country, that's all. Yes, that's all.

"Baaaam!!!" The sound of the volleyball giving in to the gravitational pull by the merciless Earth echoed throughout the arena. All eyes were heeding the ball as it touches the ground, the shrieks and cheers fueled the arena, tears fell, some were of happiness, some were of sadness.

"Player Ushijima Wakatoshi have yet again done the impossible!!! He is unstoppable!!!" 

Ushijima stared at the opposing side of the court, watching the opponents in a desperate battle against the grief. He felt cold, the emotion in him was no more, he couldn't feel a thing, for his opponents, even for him...Sympathy? Excitement? None of them. He queried what was missing in him, his heart was...empty.

The match ended, of course, he has yet again brought victory to Japan. Losing was not an option for him since he grew a lot stronger after the match with Karasuno. 

Now in the internationals representing Japan, bringing glory to his family, he should be proud of his achievements, as his father did. But he didn't felt the fulfilment in his father's, the audiences', or the world's acknowledgement...he only demanded one.

"One?" the thought suddenly darted into his brain.

"But...who?" 

Jumbled by his thoughts, he stepped out of the court and wiped his sweat off with a towel. He was doubtful of the thoughts he had, was his head apprising him that something was missing? The arena was too chaotic therefore he wanted to leave the arena to clear up his head.

He was never a talkative person and was a man of few words. In his life, there only consisted of volleyball, it was as if his only reason to live. He played volleyball his entire life, he was a volleyball addict, those practices caused him to possess less time to converse with other people, which in turn making him lacking social consciousness. He couldn't understand social common sense, just as how the people couldn't understand him either, he was fine with that.

"Ushijima-san! Great job! Wanna join us for group dinner after this?" a loud shout rammed his ears.

He turned his head a little and found Hinata staring at him with eyes suffused with hope and glimmer. He bequeathed a cold stare and shook his head slightly then walked away.

"Aww, I was hoping he would join us this time! He was so cold!" Hinata pouted as he ranted to Kageyama who was standing beside him gulping the water down his throat. 

"He always refused to join for group dinner, didn't he? Since he wanted time alone, why ask him every time, you dumbass(boke)!" Kageyama sent a finger flick towards Hinata's forehead that made Hinata cried out, "oww, it hurts, don't do that, you meanie!" Hinata covers his forehead with both hands, he scowled at Kageyama and glimpsed at the exit, his eyes observed Ushijima as he leaves the arena.

Watching Ushijima's back figure, Hinata mumbled, "...but he seemed so lonely..."

"Hmm? Did you say something, Hinata?" 

"Nope, nothing! Let's go Kageyama!" Hinata shrugged as the two and the rest of the team went for the group dinner.

"What will we be having tonight?" 

"Coach gonna treat us with some BBQ!"

"Ohhhh, meat!!!" Hinata's eyes twinkled, but then quickly dimmed, "Such a shame that Ushijima-san can't join us though!" He felt somewhat depressed because good things were supposed to be shared so that everyone could be happy, but he was glad that he could savour it with his other teammates, especially Kageyama, till the end of the day, they were a couple after all. His special someone with his favourite food, how could he not be?

*****