7) An Old Enemy

A new day had begun already worn out from their joy and excitement, the girls were ready for their journey more happier than usual despite the situation they were in. Jihyo was now leading the group with Sana by her side holding the compass still going Southeast.
Jeongyeon and Nayeon were at the back, Jeongyeon held her gun aiming at her friends heads pretending to pull the trigger.
Nayeon forced to lower her gun as she shouted, "What are you doing?!"
"What, I'm just having fun."
Soon enough, she was smacked on the head.
"That gun is not for fun!" Nayeon exclaimed.
"Jeongyeon is more childish than I remembered." Momo chuckled.
"A year in The Good Land does change people." Dahyun replied.
They came to a stop for a few minute break, they stood beneath the tree resting their legs as they leant against it.

All but one rested, Tzuyu went ahead to scout out anything she could find, still staying near her group. As it turns out, she saw a tall building through the trees; she saw a large parking lot space and a pathway leading up to the the building. Tzuyu squinted her eyes as she saw writing on the wall that had fallen letters and the only word she could make out of was, "Airport." Her eyes widened.
"An airport?" She looks around even more, that's when she saw a group of four people, specifically two men and women, standing a few metres away from the airport.

They were carrying guns and weapons that made Tzuyu hide away. Ever so slowly, she stepped toward, trying to get a closer look at who they are. It was not until she could hear them, she could figure out who they were.
"Come on, let's get going back to Seoul." One of them said.
"Let's just rest, it's like a few days away." Another groaned.
"There's no rush, plus it's not like the new Outsiders' leader would do anything." One said.
"Where did Seungyeon go?" One asked.
"No one knows, she just up and left."
They all sighed at once.

"We mustn't stay too long, there are some rumours that all these massacres are by these infected people."
They all leant forward and so did Tzuyu.
"So like zombies?"
"No, they're not undead, they're just turn into killing machines and cannibals."
They all laughed.
"I'm not joking."
"Yeah, whatever. Let's get some rest."

Tzuyu had heard what she needed and walked back to her group.
"There you are, I thought you were lost." Sana smiled and gestured her to sit down.
Tzuyu nodded and was prepared to speak, "There's an airport nearby."
They all gasped.
"Does that mean we get more items?" Chaeryeong said with excited tone.
"Yes, and there's a group of Outsiders near the airport."
They all growled, "Them again!"
"There's only four people, we can take them." Tzuyu said.

"Outsiders? Are those the bad people who took over the government?" Yuna asked.
"Yes, they're the worst." Ryujin snarled.
"Jeongyeon can't you like order them to go away?" Chaeyoung asked.
"As if, I'm just Seungyeon's little sister. Plus... I think she told everyone that I don't exist." Jeongyeon grew quieter.
"You're... the Outsiders leader's sister?" Lia asked.
She nodded.
"No wonder you look so familiar." Ryujin said.

"Unfortunately, yes."
"Oh... but you have left them." Chaeryeong spoke.
"Of course, I put it behind me just to keep my friends safe and I realised that this was my group."
Everyone kept quiet and comforted Jeongyeon who had her face in her hands.
"Hey, at least you get to pick a fight with an Outsider." Ryujin smiled.
"Get your revenge, one last time." Jihyo placed her hand on Jeongyeon's shoulder.

Tzuyu showed them a spot that was hidden from the Outsiders, the group of four were standing as they were all facing the airport.
"Okay, we need three more people." Jihyo said.
Already, Momo, Sana and Chaeyoung raised their hands and were picked out. Dahyun, on the other hand, slowly raised her hand, but Nayeon stopped her.
"They've already got enough, so you stay here with the others."
Dahyun silently nodded her head and hung tight to Nayeon.

They devised a thoughtful plan which only involved with sneaking, then knocking them out.
The others hid far away from them, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Sana and Chaeyoung were crouched down into the long grass.
"You guys know how to knock someone out, right?" Sana questioned specifically looking at Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung.
"You just hit them on the back of the neck, right?" Chaeyoung spoke.
"You're risking the chance of killing them especially if you have a heavy weapon. You're chances are to sucker punch them in the jaw." Momo instructed.

"That means that they have to face us, what's the point of stealth if we're seen." Jeongyeon whispered.
"Element of surprise."
They crept over behind the four, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon targeting the two woman, Sana and Momo targeting the two men.
Both Sana and Momo, in unison, tapped their shoulders and as they turned, punched hard right on their jawline causing them to hit the ground.
"What the heck?!" One of the women exclaimed, they both turned around.
Jeongyeon readied her fist and sucker punched her in the chin. However, Chaeyoung was startled, the woman swung her submachine gun at her, but she dodged. Chaeyoung had a clear opportunity and punched her chin causing the gun to be dropped. Yet, she didn't go down.

Quickly, Chaeyoung picked up the gun and whacked on the side of her head. She dropped down to the floor as blood started to poor out of her head
"Did I kill her?" Chaeyoung gasped.
Sana kneeled down and placed her two fingers on the woman's wrist.
"Don't worry she's alive."
Chaeyoung felt a sense of relief as she exhaled.
Jeongyeon gestured over to the others, they came running out with an impressed look on their faces.

"Good work you guys." Jihyo smiled.
"Now... what do we do with them?" Chaeryeong asked.
"We have to drag them far away from the airport if they start to become conscious again." Sana quickly ordered.
Chaeryeong, Mina, Ryujin and Nayeon lifted the bodies and dragged them along.
"We'll meet you guys at the airport." Dahyun waved.

They went on their merry way as Jihyo and Sana picked up one of the dropped submachine guns.
"Are you brave enough to use that?" Sana scoffed.
"Brave enough to protect you from danger." Jihyo teased. Tzuyu rolled her eyes as she walked past and groaning at the sight of them.
At the back, Jeongyeon noticed that Chaeyoung was eyeing the last few guns.
"Chaeyoung why don't you get a gun?" Jeongyeon asked.
But, she shook her head, "Nah, I'll stay with my knife, a gun holds too much responsibility to stay accurate."

"Have you ever hurt someone with a knife?" Dahyun joined in.
"Well... yes. You know that I lived by myself, so I had to get my own food and water. So I took some from a random house and there were Outsiders. I grabbed the first thing I could and that why I got this." She took her knife and inspected it, "Yes it is a kitchen knife, but without it I would not have survived that day."
Dahyun felt more eager, "What happened to them?"
"I just swung the knife around and hoped it would scare them, but instead I cut one's face and injured another. Then, I ran away." Chaeyoung sighed, "I felt guilty yet satisfied, then I soon practiced how to manoeuvre in each hand and to swing it properly."

The two girls saw her smile.
"How did you get that knife holder?" Jeongyeon asked.
"I took it from another house and then doodled on it with what was left of a permanent marker." She rubbed it as if it was her lucky charm.

They got closer to the airport entrance as they stopped to read a worn out sign.
Welcome to Cheongju International Airport.