22) A New Life

Jihyo stood at the edge of the beach, phone in hand taking a photo of the beautiful scenery.
"How does it feel?" Her friend, Nayeon asked hooking her arm.
"Feels I'm at peace."
Shouts could be heard behind her, she saw her group of friends, including the both of them they were fourteen in total. These were the girls she had spent her days with.

"The others need you." Nayeon held her hand and came closer to her ear, "Wake up, Jihyo."

She suddenly jolted her head upwards, dizzy from awakening.
She felt a hand gripping tightly, "I'm so glad you're okay."
Nayeon pulled her into a hug, Jihyo's vision started to fixate on the people around, her friends were there.
The floor beneath swayed up and down, the fresh sea water was all that was around her.
"We made it." Jihyo whispered.
"Cause of you, dammit Jihyo! Why the heck did you pull that stunt?!" Tzuyu growled avoiding her eyes.
"I'm sorry, I wanted to keep you all safe."

"What happened?" Jihyo asked.
"That explosion you made killed almost all the infected, leaving it down to a few, when you passed out no more had came." JB joined in.
"So they're gone?"
"We don't know, for all we know there could be more ." Chaeyoung smiled.

Jihyo sighed and leant over the edge, easing herself by the waves.
"We're alive, we made it out!" Jihyo cheered.
"Yeah, we did." Nayeon smiled. They continued to walk around the boat.

The water seemed clean, maybe a few sea creatures around. There were groups of people on the dock, delighted with each other. The mood changed, once they were fighting for their lives, now they were a whole different group of people, some cried and some put on a brave face.

"What's this?" Jihyo asked, a clip board was placed near the entrance of the deck all that was written were names.
"It's those who died, we even put those who helped us on the way." Jeongyeon said.
Jihyo smiled, "Rosé. Wendy. You put them all."
"It's the lest we could do, to honour their names." Tzuyu said.

"We even put the names down who were infected." Lia spoke.
"We also commemorate those unnamed, those who died and who were infected." Yuna joined in.
"You did all of this, how long was I out?" Jihyo chuckled.
"Almost a day maybe." Mina said.
"A day!?" She exclaimed.
"You were beaten up pretty hard, but if it wasn't for JB, you would be in worse condition." Chaeryeong reassured her.
"Well, that good to hear."

The girls gathered around in a cheery mood, wondering now how their future will look like. None of them had to stay with each other, they could let everything go and leave the past behind; go on their own ways and separate. That's what usually happens in situations like these.

"Can I say something?" Yeji crept her hand up; they stopped to listen.
"I don't want us to leave." She said crouching her head down into her chest.
"What do you mean?" Nayeon asked.

Lia placed her hand onto Yeji's shoulder, "I think she means that she — we don't this group to separate."
They turn their heads to one another, anticipating for someone especially Jihyo to answer, but none of them did. They never said it, but they knew that they desperately wanted to stay together. The problem was, who was brave enough to say it?

"I know, and we all know that this is what we wanted; to stay together, like this." Dahyun came out with a whole new side to her, she was no longer this timid girl. She nodded towards Jihyo, there she was confused.
"Well... I..." She spoke, turning towards the others. Their eyes lit up, smiling as if they had found a new resolution.

Something had resonated inside them, something that she could see glow. Each of them wanted the same thing.
Jihyo chuckled, 'I don't know, I particularly like when we're separated."
They all frowned and scoffed; their arms flopped to their sides as they all leaned towards her.
"I'm joking. We're better off together as fourteen. Just promise that it won't change."
"We promise." They said simultaneously.

Chaeyeon, who had been behind them, poked her head in between the group.
"Dinner is about to be ready."
"Really? Who's making it?" Nayeon asked.
"Seungyeon and Mr Im, I hope you guys still like mushy vegetable soup." Chaeyeon smiled, heading back into the kitchen with a proper stance.
"Let's get ready." Momo rubbed her hands together.

They all headed inside, Jeongyeon diverted her eyes into the crew-quarters.
"Are you okay?" Nayeon caught her attention.
"I have to do something first; I'll meet you there."
She entered the packed space filled with bunk beds and hammocks hanging around. Only a few people had stayed around, she went pushed her way through to her own bed. On the duvet was her father's journal, she caressed it.

She had been meaning to carry on finishing what her father started. Just before Jihyo woke up, she had a try at writing an entry.
She sat down on her bed; the tip of the pen touched the linen paper.

Date: Unknown
Time: Unknown

Released from all the pain and stress that went on with our journey. I'm glad no one had major injuries.
But what kept going in my mind was what happened back in South Korea, my home, the only place I've lived.

Infested by those monsters, we were lucky to survive and go somewhere safe, yet there's people, survivors who are alive, but I know they won't be for long. If only we could save them, if only this wouldn't have happened. Maybe this could be a different story.

I shouldn't get into this much, let's just talk about the others.

Since everyone got along, Dahyun had finally gained confidence confessed to Momo who seemed really happy.
Afterwards, Chaeyoung too confessed her feelings to Mina, they were more excited just to see each other to be honest.
Tzuyu hasn't said much to Sana, but I know they'll catch onto their own feelings. As for I, Nayeon clung onto me the whole way until we arrived, in fact she had be near me the whole time...

And Jihyo, I'd say she was the bravest out of all of us. Risking her life just for the sake of us. Foolish, she always was like that when we were friends, but she's alright. A few stitches and she was alright, a bit light-headed but she was the same. And her, as our dumb hero, would promise that we would never leave each other ever again behind.

Everyone was nervous, what could Japan have in store for us?
We couldn't understand a thing, but we're learning. Slowly though, we forgot that language barriers were a thing. Other than that, we're fine.
As for Chaeryeong and the others, they decided to stay with us wherever we would go. I think we're near Japan, it would be a whole new world for us.

There was something hidden at the back of the cover as she turned the page, a slit wide enough for a folded up piece of paper. Opening it up, it said:

To whoever reads this journal, you may have found this washed ashore or I've mistakenly dropped this. Please, keep those who care about you close. Those who have left us never leave our minds. I deeply hope no one gets to experience what happened in South Korea. This is the world we live in; we will rebuild it someday.

In the distance, she heard a shout, "We're almost there!"

___
This is the end of The Good Land.
I'll have to say, I didn't expect this book to come out, but my mind said it should be. Sorry if it took long, school has been stressful lately.

But I am making a SaTzu Book 2 and a School For The Unique Book 3 and lots more!

I hope you guys have enjoy and be safe!