Chapter 7. "The Huntress And The Dam Boy."

Hey guys!

This is the most angsty chapter I've ever written. You've been warned.

So, as you know, chapter 7 centers around Zoë and Percy throughout TTC, right until her death. I felt like Percy was the only choice for this chapter because of how much he changes Zoë's perspective on some things but specifically because during this story I've been trying to analyze just how Zoë's life has been affected negatively by men, which is darkly comical considering that she devoted her life to a group formed only by women.

You will notice I changed a lot of things from the book. Some of them were because I wanted to make Percy and Zoë's dynamic the center of this fic, so some things were kind of irrelevant here. Others I changed because I honestly don't remember every detail of TTC so I apologize beforehand.

This is why I've based myself in the 5 stages of grief in order to describe Zoë's thoughts of Percy through pivotal scenes in TTC. After everything she's been through, if there was anything Zoë could struggle with, that would be the fact that men can actually be good.

I hope I did their relationship justice and that you guys liked this! Next chapter will be the last, and centered around the women of the Hunt. I have a general idea of how I want it to go and I know that my objective will be to describe how Zoë changed her sisters and the world around her. If there are any scenes or aspects you'd like for me to add, please mention it in the reviews or PM me.

Also, you guys, I'm sorry but I'll edit this tomorrow. This was honestly quite emotional for me to write and I need to take a break before editing. However, I wanted you guys to read it as soon as possible, since midterms made me delay my writing for so many weeks already.

Disclaimer: I do not own this. Also, there are mentions of abuse here. Also, mentions of death (plus the actual death of a character). Reader's discretion is advised.

Please fav, follow and review! It would mean the world to me. :)

Chapter 7. "The Huntress And The Dam Boy."

"Five shall go west to the goddess in chains,

One shall be lost in the land without rain,The bane of Olympus shows the trail,Campers and Hunters combined prevail,The Titan's curse must one withstand,And one shall perish by a parent's hand." - Rick Riordan, 'The Titan's Curse'.

Denial.

Zoë thought of the duality of her life constantly.

The thing was that she was so immersed into her mythological life that it was impossible for her to understand a reality other than the one she had already convinced herself of.

She had seen entire communities, entire cultures, entire empires fall into dust. So much of that had she seen that eventually, it had ceased to surprise her. After all, if the Gods themselves were in perpetual danger from their countless enemies, why wouldn't everything else be in jeopardy as well?

And she had seen wars. Hell, she had fought through them. She had fought time and time again, against both small and great enemies. So much had her life and the life of her sisters been threatened that it wasn't too long before their enemies failed to seem undefeatable. Regardless of the rest, no enemy had been able to cast a shadow over the fact that for thousands of years, Zoë Nightshade had survived.

She had made it through, even when against the worst of odds. The facts spoke of a clear image, one that granted Zoë tremendous courage and strength even in the bleakest of moments.