Chapter 4. "Sisters In Arms."

Hey guys!

This is the last chapter set in Ancient Greece. For chapter 5, we are jumping into mid Second World War and, while I have some ideas, I don't have the specifics quite yet so let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see next chapter!

Now, I had soo much fun writing this and I kind of really love it so I would really appreciate some feedback on this! I really hope you guys like this as much as I did.

A few comments on this chapter at the end of it so take a look to that too!

Please fav, follow and review!

Chapter 4. "Sisters In Arms."

"This is ridiculous."

Having broken the tense silence they had been enveloped in, Phoebe looked up from her seat as her sisters turned towards her. She stabbed the armrest of her chair with her hunting knife as she huffed. "For how long do they expect us to sit here and wait?"

After much pursuit and dead-end clues, the Fates had finally seen it fit for the Hunters to receive notice of Orion's activities in the city of Ephesus - located by the coast of Ionia -, home to the temple of the goddess Artemis herself.

As Orion had been on a killing spree, leaving a trail of innocent dead animals under Artemis' patronage throughout the continent, the Hunters had not been the only ones to recognize the giant as a threat to both Olympus and civilization. The Amazons had joined them, summoned by their loyalty to Lady Artemis and also, by their love of a good fight.

Of course, this particular turn of events hadn't been smooth. Not in the slightest.

For a century and a half, Amazons and Hunters had hunted Orion down separately. They refused to work together, because of their multiple differences in ethics, priorities and lifestyles and also, because both groups cherished the glory of killing such an outstanding enemy and didn't feel like sharing.

Would they have managed to find the enemy sooner if they had been working together since the start? One could only theorize but the truth was that it wasn't until Orion reached Ephesus that the Hunters took it as a sign that they needed to work with the other Sisterhood.

It wasn't until Orion reached Ephesus that the Amazons took that as a sign of the fates that Amazons and Hunters were supposed to work together if they wanted to end the present threat once and for all.

Zoë didn't hold much hope for the team they could make, for it wouldn't be the first time the Amazons and the Hunters fought side by side. They had a reputation, and it was no coincidence that, unless needed, both groups did not try to stay in contact.

Regardless, the Lieutenant was capable of accepting defeat when she had to, so when the time came to request reinforcements, she sent the message to the Amazonian Queen herself.

After much debate, they decided to meet in one of the buildings of the Artemision. While part of the temple had been left uncared for, especially after the citizens of Ephesus began to move to busier cities, this particular building had been kept in quite good condition. Besides being the building Lady Artemis used as lodgings whenever she stayed in Ephesus, it also served as a safespace for the maidens who came to the temple asking guidance and aid. Now, it was also a war room for the Hunters.

The room the Hunters had occupied as they waited for the Amazons usually served as the Council Room for Artemis and her most trusted hunters. The room itself was placed on the highest floor of that building, and it was wide open, so there were no ceiling or windows to obscure the view to the city. Tall, thick stone pillars were placed systematically around the edge of the room, between the stone banister that encased the room and the large, stone table sitting proudly by the middle of the room. Dark, green vines were the only splash of colour in an otherwise grayish room. They had taken home around the pillars and across the banister, even covering part of the stone floor. Dark green vines climbed up the pillars and banisters, even spreading through certain parts of the floor.