10

but i'm not fooling anyone
Me and Johnny sit in silence for like a bit and i decided to turn around and start playing the chords to 'What if'. I heard a voice start to softly sing the lyrics. I never knew he could sing, and by sing i mean sing reallly well. It got to the instrumental and he looked at me to sing the next part and i couldn't help it. I had to sing it.
"I know, you know, what if i told you i like you," we sang in unison smiling like dorks at each other and that's when we realised Miss Delilah had been gawking at us the entire time. She's very sneaky for a music teacher.
"Yes i love it. Signing you guys up for the talent show," she says chirpily.
"Uh nope don't think so," i say grabbing my things.
"Why not?" Miss Delilah asks curiously.
"I don't sing," i reply walking out of the room. I knew one of them would run after me so i started jogging to the field where there are a bunch of boys playing rugby i think.

Johnny's POV
Meanwhile back in the music room Miss Delilah looked at me with hope.
"You know winning the talent show could really help you Johnny," she says sweetly
"How do i persuade her?" i question knowing the girl was stubborn but pretty. wait wha-
"You know how to, explain it to her,"  she assured.
I give Miss Delilah a small smile and walk off to go find her. Now where would she try and hide?

Back to your POV
I was listening to my music vibing by myself on the benches. This might've been my only strategy to forget about you and just everything. Everyone knows i'm still not over it even though it hurt me. I couldn't hide the pain in anyways. All of a sudden i felt a shove in my stomach. Can these people not play properly. Thats when i see Ricky walking over to me. Him? Athletic? wow never would've thought.
"Can you play rugby properly? That was way offside," i argue.
"American football actually," he says with a smirk.
"whatever it is, keep your balls away from me," i realise what i just said and smack my hands to cover my mouth.
"will do," he laughed and walked away.
Why did my stupid mouth say that? From now on no talking okay?