Ch.1 Neighbor

■3rd Person POV■

L/N Y/N just moved into her new apartment today. She just got a job in this city, so she finds a new place close to her workplace.

She just finished arranging her place, and for the last part, she just needs to put some cute decorative items.

She hangs some photos with the minimalist frames on the wall, placing vases on her coffee table and shelves.

Now for the last thing, she just needs to hang a wind bell on the door frame of her balcony.

She picks up a stool and put it in the doorway to her balcony. She climbed the stool and hang it in the doorway.

Just when she finished, she suddenly lost balance and the stool fell along with her.

Y/N: AAH!

When she fell she tried to place her foot but it slipped and she fell on her back with a loud thud. Her head hit the railing of her balcony.

Y/N tried to sit up and stay still for a bit. Just then she felt something cold on her cheek. Her temple is bleeding from hitting the railing.

She feels hurt on her foot and head, and she's getting dizzy. Just then she heard the door on the balcony Nextdoor is slides open.

Shirabu: Hey! You okay there?

Y/N look on the balcony next to her. A man with a straight cut but uneven bang, cooper colored hairstyle looking at her with worried. That guy climbed his railing and hopped into her balcony.

Shirabu: excuse me for trespassing... I'm a doctor let me help you up and take you to the hospital.

Y/N nodded and Shirabu places a handkerchief on her wounded temple, he then put her hand to hold it while he examines her foot.

Shirabu: my name is Shirabu Kenjiro, I need to take you to the hospital. I'm sorry but I need to lift you up. Is that okay?

Y/N just nodded as she was too weak and dizzy to answer. Shirabu put his right hand under her knees and his left hand on her back as he lifts her up.

He went inside her apartment asking her where's her ID and stuff, which she point in her purse. Meaning everything that she needs is inside.

Shirabu to her purse with him and then walk out of her apartment and went to his car. Thank god he just got back from grocery shopping when he hears the loud thud, so his car keys are still in his pocket.

■Shirabu's POV■

I'm currently driving to the hospital, to get my neighbor treated. I think she'd just moved in today.

I stop the car in front of the emergency room and ask some nurses to take her there while I parked my car.

When I came, one of the doctors which are my senior, Dr. Izuki is currently prepared to stitch the wound on her temple.

Izuki : oh Shirabu, you're the one who brought her here. Your girlfriend?

Shirabu: ah no, she's my neighbor. I found her when she fell on her balcony, and I hopped from mine to hers.

I explained what happened to him and he grasps what happened. This L/N girl look at me and our eyes met, she then gives me a thankful smile. I left the emergency room and waited for almost an hour before Dr. Izuki called me.

Izuki : it's done, thankfully nothing's wrong with her skull and the wound only needed four stitches. But her left foot is sprained and it might need at least two to four weeks before it healed.

Shirabu : Okay, thank you doctor Izuki

Izuki: you can see her, I'm gonna leave now.

With that, I went back inside the emergency room to see L/N.

■Y/N POV■

My foot hurt so bad, I should've realized that the stool was uneven. I need to thank my new neighbor.

Just then my neighbor came and walk closer to me.  His name is Shirabu san, right?

Y/N: Shirabu san thank you so much, sorry for bothering you on your day off.

I heard from the doctor who treated me that Shirabu san is actually on a day off. But he took me to here to his workplace.

Shirabu: no problem, are you alright? Feeling uncomfortable somewhere?

Y/N: no, well... yes, my foot is hurt but it's alright.

Shirabu san holds his hand up in front of me.

Shirabu : grab on my hand, I'll take you home.

Y/N: thank you so much Shirabu san.

With that, I hold onto his arm, and we walk to his car. He drove us home, and then help me walk to my place.

When we're inside my place, Shirabu san walks me to the couch and put my purse on the table in front of me.

Shirabu: your foot might take two to four weeks to heal. It's better if you don't walk around for now.

Y/N: wait... next week I already start working. I just got this job so I couldn't just skip my first day.

I look down on my knees. Why am I so clumsy? I should've been more careful.

Shirabu: is your job need you to move a lot?

Y/N: um.. not really, I work as an assistant writer for KAYNU MAGZ. I might only need to sit around.

Shirabu: if you don't move around too much this week, you might be able to walk normally next week, but it'll still hurt a bit.

Y/N: oh! That's alright.. okay then I'll prevent moving around too much.

Just then Shirabu san pulls out his phone.

Shirabu: You should keep my number. If you need anything I can help you out

Y/N: no! You already help a lot

Shirabu: it's alright, after all, I'm just Nextdoor.

With that, I nodded and take my phone as we exchanged numbers. Shirabu san stood up and excuse himself, but before he left I called him.

Y/N: Shirabu san... thankyou so much for helping me today... I'll repay you somehow

Shirabu: no need for that, it's my job as a doctor and your neighbor.

He smiled, and boy he looks so handsome.

With that Shirabu san finally left my place. Today I just arrived here and already burdening my neighbor.

I'm gonna repay his kindness next time