Chapter 5. Aaron

Ezekiel and I are walking towards the cafeteria, since it's now lunch time.

As soon as we push the doors of the room, heads turn in our direction.

I scoot closer to Zeke and he raps an arm around my waist.

Everytime we touch I feel sparks.

Cliché I know.

Continuing walking to the back of the cafeteria, he leans down next to my ear "I would like you to meet someone''

I turn to him with wide eyes.

"Don't worry he's very nice''

I wonder who he wants me to meet.

We seat down at the farthest table from every other student in the room.

There's already a boy seated at the table with curly blond hair.

As soon as he sees us, he gets up and does a weird handshake with Zeke.

He then turns to me and scans my body with his eyes.

But in a comfortable way.

"So this is the girl you've been talking about at second period?'' He asks with a grin on his face.

For the second period, I had spanish and Ezekiel had History so we had to split up.

He waited for me to finish class and we both walked to the cafeteria together.

Ezekiel motions for me to take a seat in front of the new boy. Once I do he sits next to me wrapping an arm around my waist.

I see the boy giving Zeke a knowing smirk.

I extend my right hand to the blond boy "Hi my name is June Miller, nice to meet you.''

He smiles and shakes my hand and brings it to his mouth to kiss my knuckles which causes me to giggle.

"That's enough asshole'' Ezekiel snaps and reaches for my hand.

"Nice to meet you June I'm Aaron''

"Will you come to the surf competition this saturday?'' Arron asked excitedly.

"Yes I will!'' I giggle.

"Perfect, I'll compete too. Ezekiel and I represent the same team.''

We continued talking about everything and anything while Aaron and I ate our lunch.

But Ezekiel ate nothing, he just watched me eat.

I offered him a piece of my chicken wrap but he just said he wasn't hungry.

While the boys are talking I turn my head to see that every student are staring at us.

"Why does everybody always stare'' I ask the boys.

He shakes his head. "Cause they're nosy ass people.''

I frown. "And why do they always look surprised or confused when seeing me with you''

Ezekiel opens his mouth to answer but Aaron talks first.

"Because Ezekiel here, never talks to anybody. And I mean nobody.

He's never talked to anybody besides me, since freshman year. So, everyone must be surprised that he decided to talk to you.''

I look up to Ezekiel for confirmation but he just rolls his eyes.

The last two periods went by fast.

The last bell has now rang.

I'm waiting for him in front of his calculus class.

Ezekiel walks out from his class whit is usuall fuck off face but once he sees me his hard look goes away and instead is replaced by a small grin. "Do you need a ride home?''

I giggle quietly. "I'll ask''

I pull out my phone from my pocket and text my mom,

June: Hi mom! Can my new friend drive me home?

Her response is instant.

Mom: Sure honey, make sure he drives safely.

June: Thank you! See you for dinner.

I put back my phone in my pocket and turn to Ezekiel who is already watching me.

"What did she say?''

"She said yes!'' I exclaimed excitedly.

After a stop at our lockers, we find ourselves in the school parking lot.

Ezekiel guides me to an electric blue Jeep wrangler.

He opens the door for me and I blush at his action, giggling and sayina a shy thank you.

He walks over to his side and gets in, starting up the car.

"So what's your address'' he asks

I told him my address and soon we were on the road.

He puts on the radio and lowers the window.

At a red light, I'm screaming the lyrics to Knock Knock by Mac Miller.

But I do see from the corner of my eye Ezekiel whispering the lyrics with a small grin on his face.

Soon, too soon, he pulls up to my house which makes me pout and him chuckle.

I extend my arm and grab my backpack from the back seat.

"Thanks Zeke, for the ride. I never had so much fun because of a car ride'' I tell him, giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

I get out of the car and walk to my door, while Ezekiel is still in shock.

I did hear him murmur something along the lines of Me Too but I could of juste imagined that.

Once I'm in my house I hear him drive away.

I greet my parents in the living room with the biggest smile I ever had on my face.

                                                                                        Aaron