Chapter 8. Bonfire

June's POV

"Are you guys coming for the bonfire?'' Aaron screams from the beach.

I hear Ezekiel curse under his breath.

"Come one princesse, lets go warm up by the fire.'' He says, kissing my cheek.

I sit back on my board and so does Ezekiel.

While on the short swim back, I gather my thoughts.

Omg.

Ezekiel just kissed me. On the lips this time.

He was my first kiss and I'm happy he was.

His lips were salty from the water and so plump and soft.

I think it's starting to become more than just a crush.

Once we reach back shore, Aaron and Sage are flirting with each other by the fire.

These two have been flirting since they met Tuesday.

I think Sage is the perfect girl for Aaron. He needs someone to keep him in check.

Ezekiel pulls me by the waist and sites me on his lap.

He takes his large black beach towel and wraps it around the both of us.

Sage's speaker is playing soft music, I'm with my best friends around the bonfire and I just kissed the boy of my dreams.

I remember when I was still homeschooled. When I finished school, I would go surf everyday and I remember seeing couples on the beach.

I remember running back to my room and crying until I'd fall asleep.

I always wanted these teenage experiences.

Till this day, I still don't know why my parents never let me go to public school until yesterday.

I feel kisses placed on my neck. ''What are you thinking about?'' Ezekiel asks curiously.

I feel very comfortable and just, me, when I'm around Zeke so I decide to tell him the truth.

"I'm thinking about when I was homeschooled.'' I answer.

"What was it like? If you don't mind me asking.'' He says while playing with my blonde hair.

"Lonely. I was still allowed to do everything I wanted but I never really did. I didn't have people to do it with. I never had friendship that lasted. My parents don't know this but I hated it.'' I answer honestly.

He gives me a confused face. "Why didn't you tell them that you didn't like it?''

"I'm not even sure why I was homeschooled at first. I believe they have good reasons. I hope they do.''

He turns me assond so I'm facing him.

Stradellind is hips.

I blush at the proximity.

He looks me in the eyes. "What matters is that you're here now and that you're happy.''

He thinks for a few seconds about what he just said.

"You're happy right?'' He asks. I can hear the worry in his voice.

I smile up at him. "I'm the happiest girl in the world.''

He chuckles. "Good. That's what you deserve. Happiness.''

He looks up to my eyes that were previously on my lips. ''And love.'' He adds.

I can feel my eyes tear up.

Even if we only know each other for a week, I can really tell that he cares about me.

"And so do you.'' I tell him.