Chapter 29 - Pain Manipulation

"Everyone our hour of training is up. We will continue this tomorrow. Your homework for the next few days in your Superpower Training Class will be to learn how to control your power's strength. Inspired by Stanza's amazing levelheaded choices and control. I will be comparing you to her control since we were able to see her first attempt at using her powers was excellently achieved. I at least expect all of my students to be at or above Stanza's level of control by Monday. If not you will fail!" Professor K warned his students. A few quiet moans could be heard from the crowd. "Class dismissed. Everyone that fought today wait for Luna and IU- I mean- Jieun by the side entrance."

The mic disappeared and the students headed off. Everyone with yellow uniforms went back into the buildings while everyone else headed off to their own school.

"We have an hour until The Norms, I mean, powerless students start showing up." Professor K told me. "I was impressed by your powers. Was this really your first time?" Asked Professor K. I nodded. I looked at my hands they were shaking uncontrollably.

"Ah, that's normal for first timers. It's the adrenaline. When someone uses their powers for the first time it's like your body finally relaxes and lets out all the energy bottled up. Well, at least with your type of powers." I could only nod. The professor was really nice and helpful. I just didn't have words to express myself. I realized the the rink wasn't there anymore. We were all standing on a field of grass again.

I looked past the professor and noticed that Jongin was helping Krystal up. I decided to leave so they could talk. I turned around and walked towards the entrance accidentally ignoring Professor K.

I waited by the entrance as the Professor had instructed us when I noticed Sulli walking up to me. She had a bleeding red scar on her cheek from the fight.

"Hi." Sulli said, with a friendly smile. I just nodded. "I'm sorry about how we first met."

I stayed silent, mostly, because I was still in shock cause of my new found powers. Also, I didn't want her to think any worse of me. Sulli was secretly my bias in F(x). I was heartbroken when she left the girl group, but understandable. Now, I was starting to doubt the reasons she gave of why she left.

"I know you're from the future, Stan." I looked at Sulli, surprised by her comment. "Don't worry, I haven't told anyone. I know we will become good friends in time. I just wanted to tell you that Krystal is like this because of me. I feel responsible for how she treated you from the start. I shouldn't have told her that Jongin and her start dating in the future. She just thinks any girl that comes into his life nowadays will change their future together." Sulli looks at me. She knows I am aware of this.

"Does that cut hurt?" I asked randomly to make conversation.

"No, IU helped take the pain away." Sulli pointed to IU nonchalantly. There is a silence between us, but it isn't uncomfortable there just wasn't much to say.

"I'm not mad at you and I don't blame you." I decided to say after a minute. "Krystal is old enough to make her own choices. Just how I decided not to stoop to her level and kick the living crap out of her. I could've done that easily." I said, thinking back to how I had pinned her down.

"I know." Sulli said. "I saw the future of all your possibilities, but you always pick to be the better person. That's why I like you. I know more about you than you know yourself." I just nodded, amazed at how normal this is for me now.

"Even if you know this, I just want to say, I don't hate you. I'm sure we'll be friends, but give me time. I'm guessing we will end up needing each other's help in the future and become friends. Until then, call me Stanza." I said sternly. I didn't want to be closed off with Sulli, but the fact that she was able to see this coming hurt me a bit. Sulli must've known Krystal would be like this towards me. Hence her guilt and coming to apologize. She could've said more and made things more welcoming before Krystal got out of hand.

Sulli nodded a bit sad then quickly wiped off the concern from her face. IU and Luna came towards us. Sulli ran up to them leaving me on my own. IU and Sulli hugged and all three started gossiping. It wasn't my first time feeling like a loner, but it was the first time that I felt like an outcast.