Chapter 37

We all run back into the living room as we feel the floors shaking and notice things floating around. "Rory, what did you do?" "I thought I told you not to do anything stupid!" I exclaim. "Guys! What are you doing down there?" Sarah calls down. "Nothing!" We all yell instantaneously. We all kneel down, looking at Rory accusingly. "Tell me you did not play alone." "Are you nuts?"

The static television shuts off before turning back on again. "I think there's somebody here..." Rory comments. We all jump as we see the chandelier swinging above our heads. We all sit in our spots, Benny leaning over to ask it a question. "Are you the hot, but brutally honest ghost babe we recently conversed with?" Benny asks hopefully. The middle part lights up red with 'No' appearing.

"No. Didn't think so." Benny laughs nervously. "Okay, it's getting weird..." Ethan panics. "Just how I wanted to spend my night" I sigh out.
"Uh, guys? I think it's trying to tell us something, but I don't know what. It may be another language" Rory says and we see the middle piece now a blue color, different symbols popping up. "Yeah! Like evil speak." Ethan says.

"Okay, I know it's not cool for a dude to be freaked out, but I am a freaked-out dude right now!" Benny exclaims. "We even went over the rules, Rory!" I bring up. "You played alone. Rory, it's the number one rule! Never play alone!" Ethan exclaims. "Okay! Okay! What do we do?" Benny asks. "I don't know. It's going crazy!" "The obvious choice would be to call Sarah" I chime in.

"Are you mad? She was the one who said we shouldn't have done it in the first place. If she knows we managed to mess it up, she'd be furious!" Ethan points out. "Yeah, and she can do the furious stuff later! I think she'd know what to do and we can get this problem solved, and then she'll kick our asses!" I point out. "I don't want my ass kicked at all!" Rory says. "Maybe you should've thought about that before playing alone" I growl out.

"Okay. Okay. Let's all just put our hands on the board." Ethan suggests. "Right! You first." Benny nods. "Why me?" "This is your idea" Benny shrugs. "Okay, together. On 3: 1, 2,...3" We all place our fingers on our respective corners and all the floating objects drop back down. We all sigh a breath of relief. "I think it worked." Ethan breathes. The middle part lights up blue again, going crazy. "Or we just really ticked it off." "Let's go with that one" I agree.

"It's trying to spell something. Look. 'Hands off.'" Ethan reads. "Hands off what? The board?" Benny asks. "Yes! Yes, yes, it said yes." Ethan begins to freak out. "What do we do?" Rory asks. "Take your hands off the board!" "Okay!" The other three take their hands off. "No! You idiots! That was rule number 3! It just said that to get out!" I exclaim as the board starts to shake violently, the ball flashing orange. Ethan yanks my hand off the board worriedly.

"Oh no! That is the number 3 rule! Do not take your hands off the board unless the ghost says goodbye, or it can escape the spirit realm." Ethan panics. "But it told us to let go" Rory points out. "Of course it did. It's a ghost stuck in the Netherlands, and now it wants out!" "I think you mean netherworld" "If you knew that, why did you listen to the fucking ghost in the first place!" I bring up. "I panicked!"

A swirly like mist bursts out of the middle and a red beam shoots out of it. The middle piece goes blank again. We all look around. "Ghosts in your bodies?" We all feel around ourselves. "It's not in mine. I would definitely feel it if it was in mine." "Ah! I don't feel any different." "I think if we were possessed, we'd wouldn't be able to talk right" I point out.

I then look towards Snowball. "Snow, are you feeling okay?" I worriedly ask and the others look towards him as well. Snowball perks up, his tail wagging. "Snowball?" Benny asks. He lets out an excited bark, climbing off the couch and licking Benny's face. "He's good" Benny assures us and I breathe out a sigh of relief. "Maybe it never left the board. Grab that." Benny and Rory quickly grab the top of the box, putting it over the board.