Chapter 2

Benny, Ethan and I walk out of the school at the end of the day as Benny looks through his phone. "Hey, check it out: looks like they found the rest of that missing senior" Benny informs us. "The rest?" Ethan asks confused. "Yeah, says here he was shriveled up." My eyes widen. Shriveled up. What could have flown out of the sky and done that?

"You know, kind of like this juice box." Benny squeezes it and juice squirts out all over Ethan's face. I start laughing at the priceless looks on their faces as Benny starts apologizing. "Dude!" Ethan shoves him in the shoulder, wiping his face off. "This isn't funny" Ethan tells me with a glare. "You're right. It's hilarious" I chuckle as Benny takes a drink of his juice.

"Oh, bummer." We look over at where Benny is to see the girl Ethan ran into leaned up against a tree with Jesse right in front of her, both of them wearing sunglasses. "Looks like she's already hooked up with Mr. Too-Cool-For-School." Benny sighs. "Did somebody mention my name?" Rory leans his elbows on Benny and Ethan's shoulders as I give him an unimpressed look.

"Well, it's too late to turn back now!" Jesse calls after the girl as she starts walking away. "Jesse, Sarah said you weren't a big fan of vampire movies?" Erica walks up to the little group as I notice the two guys sitting on the car with sunglasses on, looking over at us. "I love vampires. That's exactly what I told her." Jesse corrects. "Yeah, well I gotta go." The girl, Sarah, sighs, walking away.

"Okay. Well...I'll see you around. Dusk forever!" Erica calls out, holding her fist in the air as I roll my eyes. "There's something not right about that drama club." Ethan says. "Hope we all see you at the screening" One of the seniors tells Erica. Erica smiles. "I am so going to your house tonight" Benny sighs dreamily as he looks over at Erica. "Great...The more 'mathletes', the merrier." Ethan grumbles. "Can I come?" Rory asks hopefully. "No" Ethan and Benny answer at the same time.

"What about you, Ry? Are you coming?" Benny wonders. "Only to see what you find so attractive about this Erica chick" I scoff. "How come she gets to come but I don't?" Rory pouts. "Because, I'm cooler" I shrug. The car the drama club seniors were sitting on starts speeding off. We quickly move out of the way before we're hit. "Watch it, nerds! Ha! Ha! Ha!" The guy laughs. We all watch after him shaking our heads.

~~~

I knock on the door and it opens with a disappointed Mrs. Morgan stood there. "Hi, Ryleigh" She sighs. "Hello, to you too?" I ask as she lets me in. "Sorry, the babysitter is running late. I was hoping it was her" She explains and I nod. "Ethan is up in his room, pouting." She informs me. "Got it. Thanks" I smile, heading up the stairs. I knock on the door. "I'm busy" He calls out.

"Too busy for me?" I call back. The door opens quickly. "I thought it was my mom." He says as I walk into his room, flopping on his bed. "Whatever" I shrug as he sits at his desk. He starts to draw as I sigh. Ethan starts getting a video call and answers it as Benny appears. I get up, leaning over his shoulder. "Hey, man. Any sign of the babe-o-sitter yet?" Benny wonders as I scoff. "Clever" I say and he smiles.

"No. I'm staying in my room as a form of protest." Ethan sighs and Benny gives him a look of disbelief. "Well, I'm not! First sign of Babezilla approaching, and I am there." Benny smirks. "Good luck with that" Ethan says before ending the call. "She's not as attractive as he's making it out to be. All she talks about is Dusk. Some dumb vampire movie in my opinion. Her friend on the other hand, I wouldn't mind if she just randomly showed up at the door" I sigh, flopping back down on his bed again.

"Yeah, and what are you gonna do if she does? Offer her your shirt again?" He scoffs, looking back at me. "Any chance to be shirtless in front of a pretty girl" I shrug and he rolls his eyes at me. "Yeah, right. If she were to show up, I bet you wouldn't even know what to say" He says. "Whatever" I scoff. We hear a noise outside of Ethan's window and give each other a look. "It's probably the wind" I wave it off.