Return

A/n: Happy Holidays! Depending when this goes up the holidays may have already passed, but hey. Persona!

Image is not mine.

~|~|~|~|~

August 15, 20XX [5:30 AM]

(Y/n) wasn't someone you'd consider out of shape, but with the way he was currently breathing you'd think he was missing lung.

"Pick up the pace (Y/n)." Akihiko began, jogging in place as he waited for the male.

"You're...evil." (Y/n) panted, there were times he believed the boxer to be superhuman. He supposed Akihiko was superhuman as he did have a Persona, and he was as well since he was a Wild Card. Though, Akihiko was a monster.

What kind of maniac gets up at four in the morning, and proceeds to go sprinting? Not jogging, sprinting. He and Akihiko had sprinted through the still sleeping town until they reached the train station, (Y/n) had thought that he could rest for a moment. Akihiko had then proceeded to immediately begin jogging back to the house, the moment his foot had made contact with the station exterior.

(Y/n) wondered what would happen if he would've just passed out in the middle of the street. Yu would most likely find him, or perhaps the local police.

The sky was beginning to color, the sun would be rising soon.

"Don't tell me you're tired already?" Akihiko asked. "We still have sparring once we get back." (Y/n) began to quietly sob as he jogged, perhaps he was to hasty in accepting Akihiko's offer to train him. The intensity of the training had only picked up as the days passed. Following the incident with Kanji's Reflection, it seemed that Akihiko was worrying about the strength of (Y/n).

It honestly bothered (Y/n), he knew he was far from being as strong as Yu but he was by no means weak. "Got something to say?" Akihiko asked, not bothering to turn to speak to the male.

"You're gonna kill me before the Reflections do." (Y/n) replied, not missing a beat. The distance between him and Akihiko was growing, he was running on fumes. "Don't be such a baby, this is going to help you in the long run."

"What I should be doing is strengthening my bonds." They turned the corner to the shopping district, they slowed down somewhat. Perhaps Akihiko was worried that they'd bump into someone. That was a possibility, the town had a lot of elderly and the elderly had a knack for waking up early to do whatever it is they did.

"Minato trained his body through his extracurriculars back at Gekkoukan." Akihiko let out a sharp exhale through his teeth. "You don't have that luxury, not for a few more weeks at least."

"Don't remind me." (Y/n) grumbled. Since Tokyo (Y/n) had become somewhat more recognizable, people associated him with Mitsuru since he now wore the Kirijo name proudly. To avoid giving the tabloids any ammunition to slander Mitsuru's name, that her adoptive son was a dropout and was found wandering the streets of a town in the countryside. (Y/n) decided that he needed to have a presence in school, it was less a cover and more a way to avoid giving Mitsuru more troubles.

"Hey you're the one who wanted to go to school." Akihiko rebutted.

"I didn't expect the case to last this long." (Y/n) sighed. "Usually by this point, I've found at least a few clues that point me in the right direction." Akihiko slowed his pace a bit, matching his speed with (Y/n).

"I'll level with you, there isn't much to find." Akihiko began. "The Shard's probably somewhere in town, but that's all we know. We have no way of knowing where it could be exactly, we could be here awhile."

"Do the Reflections give us any clues?" Akihiko shook his head at (Y/n)'s suggestion. "If they did, then we haven't figured out what it is."

(Y/n) let out another sigh, then seemed to recognize the large group of people gathered by the bus stop. "Is that?"