I'll Face Myself

A/n: We return! I don't have much to say, so let's just get started.

Image is not mine

September 9, 20XX [8:54 A.M.]

Kirijo Residence
___________________________________________

As the light of the new day graced the sleeping features of Naoto Shirogane, she stirred. Her eyes opening gently as if they would tear if she had opened them too fast. She scanned the room, her luggage was in the corner. Nothing seemed to have moved since she had gone to sleep last night.

Or at least tried to.

She could still feel the faintest tingle of his lips on hers, a sensation that sent shivers down her spine. Naoto brought her legs close to her chest, wrapping herself in an embrace.

(Y/n) had kissed her, there was no doubt about it.

Heat rose to her face as she remembered how he'd caught her lips with his. How soft they were despite the appearance of their owner. Naoto swallowed the lump in her throat, and glanced at her phone to see the time. It was almost nine in the morning, she had to get up.

Today was going to be a long day.

Going through her morning routine, Naoto found herself downstairs. Picking up one of the freshly made cups of coffee that seemed to be waiting for people to come and consume them. Naoto did not linger on the remaining cups for long, and sat down at the dining table by herself and enjoyed the silence.

She sighed, keeping her cup close.

"I take it you didn't sleep well, old friend?" Mitsuru Kirijo came into view, a cup of her own in her hands as she sat down in front of the blue haired sleuth. "Judging by how your hat is crooked, I'd say no."

Naoto flinched, and fixed her indeed crooked hat. "I suppose I was more tired than I thought."

Mitsuru turned to the side, Naoto tracked the older woman's gaze. Mitsuru was watching the cups of coffee that had been set out. "Seems that he's still asleep." Said Mistsuru, then took a sip of her coffee. "Good, that boy already has enough trouble sleeping. I'll let him sleep in for his own good."

"Is anyone else up yet?" Naoto asked.

Mitsuru shook her head. "I haven't seen anyone else, though I'm sure they're all exhausted from last night's gathering." There was a lull in the conversation as the two women enjoyed their caffeinated beverages. Naoto on the other hand couldn't really look Mitsuru in the eye.

An odd sense of guilt racked her, though she supposed it was natural; Naoto did kiss her son. She shook her head, no he had kissed her there was a difference. However, there wasn't much of a difference. The end result was the same, a kiss had transpired between them.

"Naoto?" The blue haired sleuth flinched at the sound of Mitsuru's voice.

"Y-Yes?" She wanted to slap herself for stuttering.

"Are you well?"

Naoto nodded, placing a hand on her head. She could practically feel the heat radiating off her face. "I'm sorry Mitsuru, I think last night took more out of me than I initially thought."

"That's no surprise," said Mitsuru. "(Y/n) took you for quite a few dances."

Naoto wanted to shriek, how come it was so hard to forget that moment?

"Morning." Yu greeted as he came into the room, taking one of the ready cups of coffee he stood before the two women.

"Good morning." Naoto replied, she was thankful that Yu had come. Perhaps he could steer the conversation somewhere else, somewhere where her mind would not return to that scene. "Are the others up yet?"