Unforeseen Complications

A/n: Hello everyone! Welcome back to another Persona chapter, I left you guys with the promise of another Reflection to face so let's not delay.

Image is not mine.

~|~|~|~|~

August 19, 20XX [9:47 AM] {TV World}

It was early in the morning, the Investigation Team had never jumped into the TV World the moment Junes had opened up before. The news of Rise's Reflection calling out to them was unnerving to some, Rise especially. However at least they were aware of its presence, and how it was hostile to them.

"Does this usually take this long?" (Y/n) asked, his arms crossed as he looked at at Rise who was currently scanning the TV World as a whole. Her Persona Kouzeon, beeped and whirred occasionally. The telescope that made up her head didn't seem to be doing its job very well.

"No." Yu replied. "But sometimes there's interference, I don't really know how it works but that's what Rise said before."

"Wouldn't her Reflection just be at her club?" (Y/n) wondered. "If those places are supposed to be like representations of your hearts, wouldn't it be a good place to start looking?"

"And if it isn't there?" Akihiko countered. "We'd only waste time, we don't want a repeat with what happened with Tatsumi's Reflection." The elder Persona user raised a valid point. Kanji's Reflection kidnapped Kanji's mother, and while his motives were...understandable to a degree, the Reflections were shown to be violent and deranged.

"We'll waste time regardless if this takes too long." (Y/n) added, Kouzeon shimmered and vanished from behind Rise. The brunette let out a breath before glancing at the male, then to Yu.

"Senpai, I'm sorry. I don't know what I did wrong." Rise began.

"Apologize later, what'd you see?" (Y/n) urged. Rise furrowed her brows, she didn't seem to appreciate (Y/n)'s want to move on quickly. Rise shook her head, and merely obliged.

"I tried scanning for signatures similar to mine." Rise began. "Obviously there's one here at the staging area, but then I found one at Yukiko-Senpai's castle." A pause, Rise's brows furrowed as if she was still trying to comprehend what she saw. "Then it disappeared, then reappeared at Kanji-kun's Bathhouse, then my Club, then Naoto's Lab. I even got a reading at the video game."

"What's the plan then partner?" Yosuke asked. Yu fell silent, thinking. He was aware of what the Reflections were capable of, and shared similar sentiments as (Y/n).

"Let's split up." The order came from (Y/n) much to the surprise of the group. "There's five locations, and 10 of us. We each go to a location, and scout it out. If we find something give Rise a little shout."

"Hold on." Rise argued. "Why're you calling the shots?"

"Let's do it." Yu agreed, Rise turned to him stunned. "I'll divvy up the group, I want a everyone to go with a healer no exceptions."

Various noises of agreement sounded off, as Yu listed down the pairs. The pairs were as follows: Kanji and Yukiko, Teddie and Akihiko, Yosuke and Naoto. "Okay then, so it looks like it's you and me Chie-san." Said (Y/n).

"Actually no." Yu cut in. "(Y/n), I want Chie and Rise to go with you." This caused some brows to be raised. "I just think it'd be better if Rise went with more than just one person."

"Yu, as strong as you are I won't let you go alone with a Reflection creeping around." (Y/n) argued. "I'll go alone, you can take Chie and Rise if you're concerned about our Navi going down."

"I agree Senpai." Rise argued. "Going it alone won't help."

All arguments were suddenly silenced as Yu smiled, and a single tarot card hovered in his hand. A card that displayed an angel, a dove, an ox, and a lion in its corners. In its center was a humanoid figure that had its hands outstretched. Arcana Number 21.