Pivot

A/n: I keep taking these long breaks in between parts and I don't think people like that. Oh well, nothing they can do about that.

Here's the next part.

Image is not mine

|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Yu Narukami could only force himself to move, his head was pounding and his body was battered. He let out a labored breath as he surveyed the area.

His attacker was missing.

A pair of footsteps sounded off behind Yu. The silver haired man forced himself to turn, and only saw Naoto draw her gun and point it at an unconscious (Y/n).

Then fired.

|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Two Days Prior

September 12, 20XX [9:00 A.M.]

(Y/n) slowly descended the stairs to this childhood home, not due to the fatigue that had suddenly hit his entire being when he awakened to Raguel, but out of fear. Fear of what Mitsuru would do to him once she got over the worry, he was sure he'd get executed for sure.

He peeked past the wall that led into the living room, and saw that it was empty. "So far so good." he said and continued to creep.

"You're not doing a very good job at sneaking around." (Y/n) blinked and slowly turned to see Mitsruru seated at the dining room table enjoying a cup of coffee as she read up on the morning news.

"Good morning, (Y/n)-san." Aigis greeted.

(Y/n) could only slump down. "Hey Aigis." Then decided to get it over with, and moved to sit parallel to Mitsuru.

It was a tense few moments of (Y/n) just waiting for Mitsuru to chew him out. Yet strangely, she never did.

"You're not mad?" (Y/n) decided to ask.

Mitsuru put her cup down, and glanced at the male. "Has nothing changed? I clearly don't know what's going on in your life, so why should I be angry?"

He supposed guilt tripping was a valid reaction to his stunt. "You know that isn't true." (Y/n) replied.

"I fail to see how it isn't." Mitsuru sighed. "You had a Shadow (Y/n), am I supposed to just ignore that you went after it alone and nearly got yourself killed?" She shook her head. "What's been going on with you?"

"You know what, you heard my Shadow."

"I want to hear it from you." Mitsuru told him.

"I don't know what you want me to say." (Y/n) stopped himself from yelling. "I left people behind, and it hurt. Tokyo was my home and I left it, I left the friends I made there because of my sense of duty and spat in their faces when they reached out." He rose from his seat. "There, happy?"

"Are you sure you should be acting this way?" Mitsuru questioned. "You wouldn't want to burn this bridge."

(Y/n) stilled, then slowly turned to her. "So be it, I'm not afraid of you. If this is the way it has to be then I won't avert my eyes, I'm done making myself blind to what's in front of me."

It was tense, the pair simply glared at one another.

"Good." Then Mitsuru's shoulders sagged. Her expression suddenly turning soft. "I'm relieved...I'm finally starting to see the boy I called my son in Tokyo." (Y/n)'s eyes went wide as he saw the tears in Mitsuru's.