01~ Reconnect

Half A Lovetime Started: Jan 2021All rights reserved

Half A Lovetime
Started: Jan 2021
All rights reserved.
Copyright © by Mariam.

I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.
-Lisa Kleypas.

Play I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift.

✧ ✧ ✧

If anyone asked me what I hated the most right now, I would have said bras in a heartbeat. I mean, such tight discomforting itchy items. And to have to go to work with them on a daily basis, that was just simply hell wrapped with a bright fluffy pink bow.

Readjusting my black cotton bra, I took out the pan of steaming chicken nuggets and started wrapping them up into takeouts.

"Ouu, see that one over there. He's definitely a total hottie." Lee said, using her smoothie straw to point at the young man that had just walked into the restaurant and I resisted the urge to facepalm myself.

There were a quite lot of he's so far since our shift started at 8am this morning, not that I minded anyway as long as nothing was going to come out of it. The thing is my childhood best friend, Aaliyah Ahmed was man hunting on my behalf.

"Huh, what do you think about that one?" she asked and I stood on my tiptoes, wiping the edge of the counter clean. Shaking my head at yet another face, I smiled as she let out a groan and resumed her hunt.

"Haram sis," I warned, shooting her a glare.

"Astigfirullah!" She exclaimed, face palming but her eyes still crawled to the man who had just entered.

"Lee?"

"Okay sorry sorry, I'll ask for forgiveness," she said with a sigh, returning her gaze to me as I pushed another vanilla milkshake in front of her.

"Eat without gaining weight or add 5cm to your height?" I asked, trying to keep her attention on me. Anything but those men.

Of course she knows I'll basically cry for an increase in height anyday but we always did these best friends questions every single day and we've never missed a single day since we started it years ago.

"As much as I'd like to grow a few more inches, I think it's every girl's dream to eat and not get fat, honey."

"Yeah," I agree with a laugh. "But still, I'd like to be a bit taller."

She looked at me thoroughly and smiled. We both knew I was on the short side, a mere 5 feet 3 so I get really excited when I see those Tik tok videos on petite girls having cute moments with their really tall boyfriends.