Chapter 3

I heard the door open to my room and I looked up to see Din standing there.

"We're about to land on Nevaro," he said softly.

He left and I got up to retrieve my things. I quickly tucked my lightsaber in my boot so there wasn't a way he could see it. I walked out of the room and went up the ladder into the cockpit where Mando was.

"Morning," I said, still tired.

I sat down in the co-pilot seat and he turned to face me. I can feel my cheeks getting warm remembering what happened the night before.

'Get it together Ari.'

"How did you sleep? Was the room alright for you?" he asked.

My heart started to beat pretty fast, but I answered him.

"I slept well. And don't worry, the room was great," I said.

"Good," he said, turning back around to face the controls.

"Did you get much sleep?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"I only got a little, but I'm alright," he said, reassuring me.

We landed on Nevaro and we both got out of the ship. I helped Mando unload all of his other bounties that were in carbonite. Then, we both walked into town.

I turned my head and looked up at him and asked, "So, what exactly happens if you take that thing off? Do they come and kill you or something?"

"No, I just can't put it back on," he said.

I looked down and wondered what the big deal was. I guess it was part of his religion and didn't want to wreck it. So, I didn't ask any more questions about it. He gently took my arm and guided me into the cantina. We walked in and a few people were just staring at us, but we both ignored it. I sat eyes on Greef as he was sitting at a booth.

"There's Greef," I said.

He let go of my arm and we both walked over to him.

"Ari, Mando, glad to see you two here! I'm so glad my plan worked!" he said, excitedly.

Din and I sat next to each other at the same booth Greef was sitting at.

"Wait...what do you mean by plan?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I met with you two separately and sent you on the same bounty mission, hoping you guys would meet so you would work together!" he says happily.

Mando and I look at each other not believing what we're hearing right now.

'Greef new Mando and I were going to meet?'

"Why did you come up with this plan?" I asked.

"Well, I know you two have never done partner work before, so I thought it would be nice for you two to work together," he said, happily.

"We got the bounty," Din said with a serious tone and also tried to change the topic of the conversation.

"Good, I have 15 imperial credits (A/N: I really don't know how credits work so sorry if I'm wrong)," he said while sliding them out on the table.

Din takes them but realizes that we wouldn't be able to split the reward equally. He gave me more of the reward than for himself. I looked at him and gently took the credits from him.

"Thank you," I said in a gentle voice.

"No problem," he said.

I turned back to look at Greef and I could just see him smirking. I kicked his leg under the table to cut it out. He did, of course, because I kind of kicked him harder than I expected to.

"We're also here for our next job," Din said in his serious voice.

'Our? I'm going on another mission with him?! I thought he would want me to be gone after we caught our last bounty.'

I looked at him surprised and he looked at me.

"You want me to go with you?" I asked, trying to hold my happiness in.

"Well, that's if you're up for it. I should've asked you first, sorry," he said.

"Yeah, I'm down! Oh, no need to apologize," I said, starting to kind of blush.

"Great!" Greef said as he slid five bounty pucks across the table.

"Great, we'll take all of them," Mando said.

I looked at him and thought that would be a lot of bounties to go and catch. Greef slammed his hand down on the table. I was startled when he slammed down his hand.

"Now hold on, there are other members in the Guild," Greef said.

"Why so slow?" Mando asked.

"It isn't actually. It's quite busy," he said.

"What's your highest bounty?" I asked.

Mando looked over to me, but I kept staring at Greef.

"Not much, 5,000," Greef said.

"That won't even cover fuel these days," I said, seriously.

"There is one job," he said.

"Alright, let's see the puck," I said, smiling.

"No puck, face to face, direct commission," he said, with a smile starting to form on his face.

He held out a chip and Mando immediately took it.  

"Thank you, Greef," I said, giving him a wink as Mando and I stood up to walk out.

"Good to see you guys again!" he said.

Mando and I were walking next to each other as we were strolling down the village. I was surprised how late it already was.

"I say we go after our bounty tomorrow. I have to get some stuff prepared back at the Crest, " he said, looking down at me.

I woke up pretty late and we also didn't land on Nevaro until late too.

"Ok, that's fine!" I said.

We walked to his ship. I went into my room while Mando dealt with some weapons that were in the safe. I just sat on my bed and actually fell asleep.

Dream:

My parents and I were running through a forest. We reached a home that belonged to one of their friends. They have a secret underground basement that I was about to go in.

"I love you, sweetheart, so much!" my mom said, while crying.

"We'll see each other again kiddo, I promise," my dad held me.

My parents both gave me a kiss on my forehead. They left me with a couple of close friends of theirs. I was crying so much. My parent's friends were hugging me really tight so I couldn't run after my parents.

"Mom, dad! Come back please!" I say screaming and crying at the same time.

The next thing I see, was them getting shot by Imperials.

I started screaming and crying even harder. My parent's friends took me to their secret location to keep us all safe. They pulled me in close and I just cried. My parents were gone...

"Ari!" I heard a voice.

"Ari! Wake up!" I heard a man's voice...

A/N: Happy New Year's everyone!!! I'm so glad we're out of 2020 because that was a strange year for all of us. I hope you all are having a good year so far and hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! See you guys in the next one ;)