Chapter 8

Mando and I walked into the cantina to meet with Greef. Everyone in the cantina froze and stared at Mando and I. My guess was because of his new crafted armor he got. We saw the booth Greef was sitting at and walked towards it. Greef turned around and smiled at the both of us.

"Ah! Mando, Ari!" he said as he laughed.

I gave him a small smile and as for Mando, he just stood there in silence.

"Hello Greef," I said happily.

"They all hate you, Mando and Ari. Because you both are legends!" Greef said.

"How many of them had tracking fobs?" Mando asked with no emotion in his voice.

I looked over at Mando, then back at Greef.

"All of them. All of them! But not one of them closed the deal. Only you two Mando and Ari. Only you two," Greef said.

I sat down in the booth to rest my legs for a couple of minutes.

"And with it, the richest reward this parsec has ever seen. Please sit, my friend," Greef said.

I scooted over so Mando could have some room. Mando took off his rifle from his back and sat down next to me.

"They're all weighing the Beskar in their minds, but not me. No. I, for one, I celebrate your both's success. Because it is my success as well. Hell. Even I am rich," Greef said as he chuckled.

Now, how can I show my gratitude to my most valuable partners," Greef asked.

"We want our next job," I said smiling at him.

"Next job? Take some time off you two. Enjoy yourselves. I'll take you both to the Twi'lek healing baths," he said.

"We want our next job," Mando said this time, slowly with no emotion in his voice once again.

"Sure. Fine," Greef said.

I smiled at Greef and he gave me a little nod.

"You hunters like to keep busy right?" he asked.

"Yes," I said to him.

"Well, these are all far away," Greef said as he poured out pucks from a bag.

"The further, the better," Mando said as he reached out for one of the pucks.

"Well, you both take your pick. You guys have earned it," Greef said.

I looked over at Mando who was inspecting a puck already.

"Do you want this one?" he asked me as he looked over at me.

"Sure," I said, smiling at him.

Mando slid the puck in the middle of the table and turned it on.

"Ah, that's the best one of the lot. A nobleman's son skipped bail. Looks like you both are heading to the ocean dunes of Karnac," Greef said as he gave us a small smile.

Mando got up from the table and took his rifle. I got up from the booth to follow him.

"Thank you again Greef," I said smiling at him.

"Of course Ari. You're one of my best partners in the entire Guild," he said.

I smiled and gave him a nod before catching up to Mando. We were close to walking out the door until Mando stopped. I stopped walking and questioned why we came to a halt.

"Any idea what they're gonna do with it?" Mando asked.

Mando didn't turn around to face me or anything. So I stared at the back of his head wondering what he was talking about.