Chapter 4

I jolted up to see Mando sitting on my bed with his hands on my shoulders.

"Are you ok? You were screaming," he asked, sounding worried.

'Oh god. I must have been screaming out loud and he heard me. He's a little closer to me than normal. Stay calm, Ari.'

My heart was racing and I was breathing heavily.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a nightmare, that's all. I'm sorry you heard that," I said, still breathing heavily.

"Hey, hey, hey, look at me. I'm here, ok? Take some deep breaths for me," he said, softly to me.

I was trying to take deep breaths when he told me and surprisingly enough, it actually worked. I felt so safe with him at the moment. My cheeks were blushing once again. I tried to hold myself together but I couldn't at that point. I took more deep breaths and I could feel my breathing and heart start to slow down.

"Ok, I'm glad you've calmed down now," he said in a calm yet still worried tone.

I looked at him and I smiled a little bit. He took his hands off of my shoulders.

"Do you want to talk about your dream? It might help a bit more," he said calmly.

"It was just the moment my parents were killed. I've been having too many dreams or flashbacks of that day," I told him.

"I still have flashbacks and dreams of the day my parents were killed too," he said.

We stared at each other for a couple of seconds but he got up.

"We should go and find our bounty," he said.

"Oh yeah, forgot that we were doing that," I said, still a little in shock after what happened.

I get up from my bed and Mando opened the ship door and we both walked out. We headed back into the village, but we went into a dark alleyway. Mando stopped at the door we were supposed to go in at. A little droid popped out of the wall asking for a chip. Mando showed the chip Greef gave us. The droid scanned it and then, the doors opened and we walked in.

"This place is giving me the creeps," I said, starting to get a little nervous.

"Just stay close to me, ok?" he said.

I nod and we continue walking in the dark hallway. We started to slow down once we reached the door. The door slides open and we immediately see a few stormtroopers. I quickly drew my blaster but Mando gently pushed my arm down. He started to walk and I started to walk slowly behind him. We both see the client. We walk over to the table and sit down. Mando and I were sitting next to each other and the client was sitting in front of us. The stormtroopers were standing around the table with their blasters in their hands. My heart started to race again like it did this morning. Mando gently put his gloved hand over mine under that table

"A Mandalorian and a Jedi," the client said.

'Oh my god, he did not just say that! What do I do?! Mando is going to want to kill me...'

I went still and looked at him while narrowing my eyes at him. I could see in the corner of my eye Mando staring at me. I started to sweat. He took his hand off of mine.

"The asset is here. It appears to be 50 years old," the client said, as he slid what looked like Beskar on the table.

"That is only the start of your reward," the client said.

Mando stood up from the table and I stood up to walk out. He left, but the client stood up and started asking me questions.

"He didn't know did he?" The client asked.