softest man*| shizuo

OKAY TWO THINGS

I KNOW I SAID I'D WRITE SUMN FOR VORONA AND I SWEAR I'LL DO THAT NEXT I PLAN ON IT BEING SOME FLUFFY CHAT FIC BC I LOVE HER

AND I KNOW I'M BREAKING FROM MY MOON SCHEDULE BUT ITS SHIZUO'S BIRTHDAY AND Y'ALL KNOW I LOVE HIM TOO SO I HAD TO SORRY FOR YELLING BYE PLEASE ENJOY THIS

not an x reader* just between shizuo and kasuka bc they're my favourite sibling duo :)

A golden light poured through his bedroom windows, the just risen sun shining softly on the city streets, highlighting it's otherwise dull features. This hour called the flurry of morning activity to begin, waking up all its other residents. The man sat up on his bed and focused his gaze on the sun cast a powerful warm hue upon the sky. He felt the warmth of the suns rays tickle his skin, a soft smile appeared on his face- a smile you could see his soul through. "Another year older." He thought to himself.

Shizuo Heiwajima. What words could you use to describe Shizuo Heiwajima? Other than the obvious- violent, angry, powerful, terrifying, blonde, perhaps? However, there was more to him than what the citizens of Ikebukuro really knew. You and I both know that he's human as well.

Though he never really celebrated his birthday, Tom gave him the day off so that, at the very least, he wouldn't have to worry about heading to work. He could have the day to himself and himself only.

Or, so he thought.

Shizuo got out of bed and swiped a pack of cigarettes. He made his way to the balcony and carefully lit it. He let is hang from his mouth as he breathed in the hot smoke, feeling its warmth enter his body.

At the corner of his eye, he noticed something that wasn't there before.

A small, hand held box, lined with black lace. A note was attached, simply signed 'happy birthday.' It was a gift- but from who?

He carefully picked up the box and opened the letter.

For Shizuo,
Happy birthday.
I'm sorry I couldn't visit. I had to pull a few strings to leave this gift here.

Speaking of the gift- this really doesn't promote your health, but I know you.
You bounce back from anything.
Call me when you see this.

-Kasuka

Shizuo smiled as he read the letter in his head. He hadn't heard from his younger brother in weeks, so this was a nice surprise.

The two of them weren't as close as they used to be. Kasuka's job and Shizuo's violence, to say the least, somewhat put a strain on their relationship. Shizuo always felt as if he was a burden to his younger brother, as if his strength and anger hurt Kasuka in a way. Though he could never properly apologize to his brother for their bizzare childhood, Shizuo strived to make it up to him.

"Hello, Kasuka?" Shizuo picked up his phone, waiting to hear his brothers serene voice.

"Hey, Happy birthday." Kasuka's voice seemed more sincere then usual. "I'm so sorry I couldn't visit you."

"Don't worry about it. By the way, what did you give me?"

"Open it."

Shizuo obliged, unwrapping the delicately wrapped box. Inside was a lighter. But not just any lighter. This one was vintage, seemingly expensive. Shizuo traced his fingers along the intricate designs engraved on the lighter. Shizuo flipped it over and read the design on the back. The letters were in swayed calligraphy, and read out, I hope you know how I much I look up to you.

"Kasuka, this is... thank you." Shizuo was almost speechless at the sight of this. It probably took ages to find, and was probably very expensive as well.

"Your welcome.  And by the way, remember when I said I couldn't visit you? Open your door."

Sorry this was short! I'll probably come back to it at some point, I'm just on a time crunch right now. Any Shizuo I love you so much and i'm crying that you're not real-

I love you guys to pluto and back ❤️