Chapter 2: red wine

Katherine watched the girl from the table, not moving an inch. She could tell Elena was uncomfortable because of the way she continued to fidget on the couch. Her lips curled into a smirk, she couldn't take her eyes off of the human. There was something about her innocence that made the vampire want to take it away, in every meaning that could possibly have.

She walked out of the kitchen for a moment, and heard Elena let out a breath. Katherine hadn't been aware the girl had been holding it for so long. The smirk remained plastered on her face when she returned with a bottle of wine. After becoming agitated by the cork she simply broke part of the neck off of the bottle and poured the dark, red liquid into a glass.

As she looked to Elena their eyes met, and Katherine chuckled as the human quickly redirected her gaze back to the TV. The vampire sauntered over to her, standing in front of her and effectively blocking the TV. She saw Elena's throat move and heard the gulp.

"Here," Katherine said as she held the glass out to her doppelganger, "Drink up."

Elena shook her head, "I'm not thirsty," she whispered, hoarsely.

"Come on, Elena," the vampire said while rolling her eyes, "We both know that's a lie."

"You could've poisoned it," she said meekly, her voice full of fear.

Katherine couldn't suppress another eye roll, "I'm a vampire, Elena. I could snap your neck like a twig here and now. Do you really think I would kill you in such a mediocre fashion?"

The girl couldn't deny she had a point, but still, she didn't want to take anything from Katherine. Hesitantly, she took the glass from her and placed it to her lips, Katherine's eyes on her the entire time.

She watched Elena's tentative first sip, and almost immediately afterwards the girl became greedy. Elena drank half the glass before putting it on the coffee table in front of her. Katherine's smirk was still on her face as she shook her head. Somehow while the girl was still thirsty she had her morals about getting drunk.

In the blink of an eye the TV was turned off and the remote in Katherine's hand. She met Elena's gaze and saw her gaping mouth. Her shoulders slumped and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I was watching that," she said, obviously trying not to anger the vampire.

"Well, now you're watching me," Katherine drawled, "Do you have a problem with that?"

Elena quickly shook her head, slightly curious to Katherine's intentions. Though, she would never admit that to anyone else.

"Why are you doing this?" she asked.

"Doing what?" Katherine asked with an arched brow.

"Keeping me here," the girl responded, "Why? Are you going to hand me over to Klaus? So he can make more hybrids? That won't work out for anyone, not even you. So, why are you doing it?"

Katherine bit her lip, and had a glow of seduction in her dark brown eyes. As Elena fidgeted, uncrossing her arms and putting them at her side, she tilted her head to the side.

The vampire slowly moved closer to Elena. She sat in the girl's lap and straddled her waist. Her innocent seeming lip bite had turned into a smirk as she stared into her doppelganger's eyes.

She could see Elena's obvious nervousness in her eyes, but there was also something there that surprised her: curiosity. Katherine hadn't expected Elena to think like that, not at first at least. She couldn't say she was disappointed, in fact, the vampire found it very satisfying. After moving her lips to Elena's ear, so close she knew the human would feel her breath on her ear, she began to whisper into her ear.

"Maybe I want you for my own reasons," Elena's body tensed as her hot breath hit her ear, and it only pushed Katherine on.

There were so many things running through Katherine's mind, so many things she could do, she would do. For the moment the vampire found pure contentment in their current situation.

Elena wasn't sure of what to do. She wanted to run, yet her body stayed in position. Somewhere in her mind she found herself enjoying it. What? No. That couldn't be possible, could it? It was an exact parody to a hunter stalking its prey, with Katherine as the obvious hunter, and Elena as the prey.

The elder doppelganger brought herself back to look at Elena's face. Her eyes still shone with the same curiosity and fear. Katherine couldn't deny the girl was beautiful, especially because they shared the same body. She smirked, letting Elena think it was about her, when really she was thinking about herself.

Katherine brought her lips to Elena's, but didn't kiss her. Instead, she let her lips ghost over the girl's, grazing them every once in a while. The human's breath caught in her throat, and only fueled her desires.

"No one has to know," the vampire whispered, her lips grazing Elena's with every word.

When Katherine finally kissed Elena, the girl felt a passion building up in her stomach. It was like a spark had just gone off, and it was building into a fire, a fire which Elena couldn't deny. The vampire's lips were rough yet gentle at the same time. The flames of Elena's fire began to rise, as did her confidence.

She started to return Katherine's kisses with fevered passion. As she shut her eyes the girl let the passion take over her. No longer consciously in control, her hands pulled Katherine's shirt over her head and roamed every inch of cool skin on the vampire's back.

Lust clouded both of their actions, leaving both of them open and vulnerable, but they paid no attention. Katherine laid Elena's back gently yet forcefully against the couch, and Elena liked it. Her lips moved down Elena's cheek to her neck.

The girl brought her hands to the nape of the vampire's neck, pulling her as close as possible. She sighed out in pleasure.

Katherine felt the drumming of Elena's artery beneath her lips. Her fangs slowly crept out and lightly brushed against the girl's skin with each kiss. Without a second thought she sank her fangs into the pulsing artery, and swallowed every drop of Elena's blood she could find.

Elena's hands brought the vampire's lips back to her own as she initiated the kiss. Katherine couldn't help but grin.

Who knew Elena was so eager?

Her lungs tightened as she released a gasp from her throat. Elena sat up on the couch and pressed a hand to her neck to find nothing there. She turned and saw Katherine sitting in a chair across from her with her clothes still attached to her body, unfortunately. Unfortunately? No. That's not what she meant to think, was it?

"You fainted," Katherine said, bringing Elena back into reality.

The human looked over at Katherine yet didn't say a word. There were so many questions running through her mind, yet she was too afraid to ask them.

"Did you enjoy it?" the vampire asked, her pout turning into a smirk.

"Enjoy what?"

"Don't pretend like you don't remember," she drawled, staring at Elena.

Elena tensed, so it had actually happened. No, it wasn't true. She would never have done those things with Katherine. It was impossible. Katherine was the enemy. She hated Katherine, didn't she?

The girl sighed, as much as she hated to admit it, she didn't hate Katherine. There was something about the elder doppelganger that intrigued her and excited her. She couldn't deny it, yet she so badly wanted to.

"It wasn't real," she said nervously, "You used dream compulsion on me and made up that stuff."

"I did?" Katherine asked with an arched brow.

"Yes...?" Elena replied, hoping the vampire was playing some kind of trick on her.

Katherine's smirk grew wider, "You tell me, Elena," she gestured to the coffee table.

No, Elena thought to herself, It's not true. It can't be true.

There, on the coffee table, stood the half empty glass of red wine.