Chapter 3: sparks

The covers were pulled up to her waist as Elena sat on her bed, refusing to talk to Katherine. They hadn't had conversation since 'the incident', as Elena liked to call it. Her heart pounded heavily in her chest as she thought about it. The girl knew it shouldn't have happened, but it did, and she liked it. It felt wrong, but it also felt right.

It couldn't be true. It wasn't supposed to feel right. She was supposed to hate Katherine more than anything. The vampire had torn the Salvatore brothers apart, turned Caroline into a vampire, and threatened to kill almost everyone she loved. Yet, somehow, she managed to find something in her. There was something about the woman that intrigued her, yet she was terrified by her.

Not a moment went by when Elena didn't think that Katherine was going to kill her. Almost every though about the vampire that went through her mind, placing aside the ones of her strange affection, were about her death at Katherine's hand.

As her door opened she gasped and jumped, not expecting the sudden slam of the wooden door against the wall. She turned her head to find Katherine lounging next to her on the bed, propping herself up on her elbows. A smirk was plastered on her perfect lips, and her eyes gleamed with mischief.

"Morning, Elena," she greeted, but her voice had an undertone of lust. The girl faintly heard it.

"Good morning, Katherine," Elena greeted kindly, her eyes glued to the bed, refusing to make eye contact.

"I want to go out," the vampire drawled.

"So go out."

"And leave you alone to be bored?" Katherine smirked again, "That would just be cruel."

"Because taking me from Mystic Falls and keeping me against my will isn't cruel," sarcasm dripped from Elena's voice as, for the first time in days, looked at the vampire. Her eyes were squinted in vexation, but the woman seemed unphased.

She merely shrugged, "Fine. You can stay here and starve, because if you don't come with me I'm not going to the store to get food."

Elena tried to respond, but nothing would come out. The vampire's lips curled in a smile, and Elena knew she had been beaten. She would have to go out with the woman if she wanted to eat.

"Okay," the girl relented, "I'll go with you."

"Did you really have a choice?"

The girl scoffed, throwing the covers off her legs and standing, going to look in her closet. She was fully aware of Katherine's eyes on her, she just couldn't tell where the vampire's eyes were. If she could, the girl would've most certainly blushed. Elena tried to ignore the butterflies in her stomach, but it was almost impossible. The vampire was irrisistible. Everything about her was. Her eyes always seemed to have a subtle glint of lust behind the cold walls. She was absolutely intoxicated by her, though she didn't dare admit it. Rather, she couldn't admit it, especially to herself.

Once she had thrown casual clothes onto the bed she looked at Katherine, who had decided to make herself comfortable. One of the vampire's legs was crossed over the other and her dark curls cascaded perfectly down her shoulders and onto the pillows beneath her head. She waited for her to move or do something, but there wasn't the slightest hint of motion.

"Aren't you going to leave?" Elena asked timidly.

"Why?" Katherine smirked, "It's not like I haven't seen it before."

Suddenly the girl felt self conscious, "Have you been watching me?"

A scoff escaped the vampire's lips, "In the mirror, Elena. We have the same body."