02#.

(No One's P.O.V)

|
|
|
|

Today was a day when the Sun decided not to shine it's Ultraviolet rays. The sky was filled with Nimbostratus clouds that looked ready to pour large drops of liquid at any moment, While claps of thunder ruled the sky. It was indeed going to be quite the rainy day.

As the children wandered around the house practically bored out of their minds, Don was silently practicing writing Ray's name in cursive.

He wasn't the most neat with his hand writing, and the lead would smear due to him being left-handed, but he tried his best to follow the instructions inside of a book he found.

The way the letters curved and connected confused Don, but it was strangely beautiful and satisfying to him as well.

He liked writing Ray's name, it brought him to a tranquil state in his mind, which he finally able relax and stop worrying over what would happen in the near future.
Although he did feel a bit bad for wasting a lot of Ink and paper, which were both limited supplies.

As Emma walk through the long and almost bare hallways of the orphanage, she could hear the slight sound of thin paper being flipped through and a pencil almost constantly at work. Who would be aggressively writing like that??

As curiosity got the best of her, like in most cases, she peered over the corner and walked towards the door quietly.

There was a glint of light coming from inside, and the door was slightly left open, just wide enough for a person to peer into.

As she did, she was more or less surprised to see Don moving the pencil across the pieces of paper. She never took Don for someone who'd enjoy writing for something other then a must or letter to sign for the post man.

He seemed determined, but not angry.

There wouldn't be any harm in asking what he was doing, is there? So she opened the door boldly and practically shouted "Hey Don! What're you doing?"

When he turned his head, his complex facial expression was something that of fear, embarrassment, and nervousness.

He fumbled with his words, not knowing what to say. He didn't think anyone would come across him writing with a pencil on paper, he'd half expected them to ignore it and move along.

"Hello, Emma. I was just...uhm... practicing??"

"You seem troubled Don! Is there anything I can help you with? And practicing what?"

As she came closer, it was then he truly began to panic. He began hurriedly clamping all the pieces of written on paper under his arms and laughing maniacally, trying to divert her attention.
Which was impossible.

"C'mon Don! No need to hide things from me, is it about Ray?" The appearance of her face was terrifying to him. He knew she knew something was going on with Don, and he wouldn't be able to lie to her about it either. Emma was indeed, truly a fearsome person.

"Ah, Emma, please don't tell Ray" he had given up. There was no point in trying to hide something so obvious to her, she was going to figure it out sooner or later. And he assumed it was the sooner scenario he dreaded.

She gasped, and grinned mischievously. "Don~ why are you practicing writing Ray's name in cursive?? A special occasion? It is almost the 14th of February after all. Wait, are you going to write a letter for Ray?"

He could only nod, as he sat in the corner, covering his face out of him being purely flustered that his feelings were so obvious. "Aww! You're such a romantic Don! That's so cute"

She happily went through each piece of paper, seeing his improvement with each new letter he drew. "How long have you been at this?"

He sighed "Since this morning."

Her green orbs had this certain glint in them, but she couldn't tell him she wanted to confront him long before this. She wasn't that cruel as to embarrass him even more.

She knew Ray would be a person to confuse platonic and romantic feelings, so she would have to rely on Don to make the first moves forward. She noticed everything, from the way Don would forget he's staring at the Raven-haired boy to when he would go out of his way to do task for Ray.

Norman was also on board with her too.

"So Don, I wanna help."

He glanced up, and questioned her words, "Why would you wanna help?"

"Because I'm tired of seeing all this romantic and sexual tension between you two and nothing being done about it. So Don, let's prepare a surprise for Ray!"

"S-Sexual? There's nothing sexual..about this."

"You're so hopeless Don, but it's okay. Norman and I will help you with impressing Ray!"

And at this point, he knew there was no going back. This path would either lead to certain failure and embarrassment or surprising success.

Sorry this update took so long, I kept changing the chapter because I was unhappy with how it was written, but I think I'm satisfied with this. I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Have a wonder Day/Night and I hope you decide to stick around for the next chapter. To what extent do you think Emma will go to help Don with his romantic problems?