08#.

(No One's P.O.V)
|
|
|
|

His music taste was fluent, no specific pattern was found in the order he played his albums and CD's on. His record player sung it's melody, Frank Sinatra's voice filling the room, making him sway to the beat slowly. He sat on his bed, white sheets surrounded him as his foot tapped the ground to each beat, humming softly to the familiar tune.

The only other thing he could want right now was for someone to be with him, learning to love his favorite songs as he would learn to love theirs. Swaying with them, dancing across these wooden floor boards, how could he ever achieve such a wish?

He felt sad at the thought, about never having someone to romantically say to him "I love you." The last song of the album ended, it coming to a stop. Now he was truly left alone with his thoughts. His foot stopped tapping, he stopped swaying, and he no longer hummed that familiar tune.

"Why don't you play another? I know you've got hundreds of CD's in that cabinet, I'd like to hear you humming again." His cheeks flushed at the sound of his voice, he looked up and there he was, standing against his doorway with his arms crossed sassily across his chest.

Don almost giggled, muttering "You shouldn't startle me like that" Ray giggled back, still staring at him, waiting for him to move and replace the disc that had just finished it's final symphony. Don nodded, moving his brown, beaten flats against the creaking floorboards to sit next the cabinet filled with disc form many time periods. "I have The Turtles, Frank Sinatra, the Beetles, Stevie Wonder, Fools Garden, Louis Armstrong, The Carpenters, Jackson 5, The Righteous Brothers, Roy Orbison, The Temptations, Kitty Kallen, Paul Anka, Elvis Presley, Bee Gees, Morten Harket"-
"Geez that is a lot, you have a thing for old, romantic tunes?" Don laughed, scratching the back of his neck embarrassingly.

He did love his romance music, even if it was sappy.

"Yeah, I found them in the old storage room. Mom must've listened to these without us knowing, dancing around missing her lost lover. It makes me a bit sad."
Ray shifted, walking towards Don from behind. Bent at the waist, he picked up an album labeled 'The Kitty Kallen Collection, 1939-62.'
"Geez, mom really did like old music. Looks like you followed her down that route, being all sappy secretly."
Ray wanted to make him feel better, and god did he succeed. Ray continued to converse, and Don didn't mind at all. Up close and personal, watching the way he tried to suppress his grin going through the many albums Don had.

His hands carefully caressed the old paper-like cases, fearing that they'd fall apart in his hands if he wasn't careful. "Kitty Kallen's been my favorite since I first heard my mom humming it, that and the lullaby Leslie made for her. I'm so happy you kept these Don." A genuine smile, a smile for him. For something he did, for something Ray found endearing. He could die the happiest teenager in the world.

"Can I play one Don?"
"Y-yeah! Of course..please do." He felt like a sinner sweating in church, his heart, every one of his senses wanted to be wrapped up in Ray. He wanted to smell his hair, to touch his face and hold his hands, to stare shamelessly at his beautiful features, to taste those beautiful pale lips, to hear him sing along to whatever song just so happened to cross his mind.

"Never thought that you would be, standing here so close to me~ there's so much that I feel that I should say"

Ray grabbed his hand, making him stand up with him. "Dance with me you big bimbo" he held his breath, waiting for Don to nod his head. "Of course I'd never pass up an opportunity to dance with you" Don felt bold, he was the one who had been asked for a dance. And god damnit would he make every second count.

Dragging up any confidence he had to the surface of his words and tone, he grabbed Rays hand and waist.  Moving his feet, remembering the many dance lessons he had asked Isabella for. He moved confidently to the music, watching Ray stare at him.

It was so intimate, but they wouldn't admit that, not now, and not to each other. Idiots in love, opposites with things in common, anyone interested in romance would be jealous of the clear and oblivious love they have for each other.

"So kiss me once then kiss me twice then kiss me once again, it's been a long, long time~"

God did this song describe exactly how he felt, lord help him with how much he wanted to kiss the boy dancing with him.
A dream, he could disappointingly call this if it was, he hoped it wasn't. He desperately wanted this to be happening, he needed this to be his reality. He was okay with the lack of touch from the raven-haired boy before, but that was before he had a taste- it was all too much now.

He needed this intimacy, he craved the scent of his love, he begged silently for his small giggles and loud, robust fits of laughter. He wanted to cry, whether they were tears of grief for something he thought he couldn't have, or tears of happiness that he was so preciously graced with Ray's time and presence, he didn't know.

On and on they danced, laughing loudly, their voices echoing throughout the house. Even as the song ended, even as the sunlight settled over the horizon, they danced and laughed, and stared longingly into each other's eyes. Everyone wanted to see what was going on, after all they hadn't seen the two all day. Some peeked in through the windows, some through the door, and some crawled atop others shoulders just to get a peek at the lovely sparks flying through the air.

They all awed, adoring the laughter that left their friends mouths. Emma, Norman, Gilda and Phil were looking in through the door from the hallway, trying not to giggle. How they didn't notice them? They would never know. Probably wrapped up in their own affection towards each other, relishing in a moment they'd both deny tomorrow. But all they knew for sure was this was a romance meant to happen and meant last, hopefully forever.

It'd take little pushes to get them to admit to the feelings they failed at hiding for each other, but eventually they'd flow out in desperate attempts.

Updates will probably be more prominent now, because the 1 year mark is coming up and I've only released 8 chapters since. I won't say monthly, but I'll sure damn try my hardest. Enjoy the cringe I bring :1 and let me know if I've gotten any better, I've learned to incorporate what I want and feel into the paragraphs and sentences I write, and I want to know if that's made your experience as a reader and consumer of my content better.