2. Is Eye Bleach An Acceptable Post-Not-A-Date Beverage?

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

SECRET REPORT JOURNAL - CODEX OF BLACK NIGHT

ENTRY #πΩμ

date: 20XX february 4 (thursday)

Report: Tomorrow we execute Operation Death Storm. Over the past week or so, I have used 100% of my brain capacity (cyborg parts included) to study his likes. Motorcycles and their maintenance were too archaic for someone like me, that regularly uses 23rd century weaponry and equipment, so I chose to focus on Aren's more violent media preferences. I tried to see some yakuza films but they awakened my bloodlust and I had to drop them for the sake of the planet. Anyways, I resorted to some dramas that Agent Sigma Ghost (Sora) reported would be useful: Detention Romance: My Romeo (finished), President Has The Delinquent's Heart (ep 9), and Flower Senpai, I Like You! (finished second season, 2x10 has a nasty fight, skip). I feel like I've built up enough of a tolerance to watch Aren's favorite stuff.

Mission Objectives: Watch Aren's stuff (with him), show him that he can watch his stuff with me. Also, a good best friend tries to share his best friend's likes, never mind a boyfriend.

Date of Execution: I'll go to his house to do English homework tomorrow, and once we finish and we decide what to do, I'll suggest watching movies.

Mission Execution: Above. For preparations, I've made a cheat sheet, code name Azure Scroll, that will serve as a speed booster relic. We'll finish in seconds. Exercise caution when giving it lest the objective suspect my intentions. Going to the secret hideout would be a good idea, I can bring my ePad, remember to check before going if I have enough data for movies.

End of report

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

It wasn't snowing, hadn't for weeks, but Kaidou's fingers and the parts of his hands not protected by bandages felt as cold as if he had just been in a snow fight without gloves. He blew on them and tucked them into his armpits. He'd need to remember to seal Black Beat more thoroughly.

"Cold?"

Kaidou looked at Kuboyasu, who walked like the freezing wind was but a gentle spring breeze. It did whirl his short hair in really pretty ways, kind of like Osamu in that scene of Detention Romance, and perhaps he would be warmer if he put his uniform primly like him, but none of that was an excuse for Kuboyasu to be so put together and, and handsome, while his best friend was freezing to death!

"Of course I am! It's, like, 5 degrees!" At least the station was close. The train would be warm and toasty, and Kaidou already felt warmer just thinking of it. "How come you aren't? Are you wearing heat packs under your clothes?"

Kuboyasu shrugged. "I must have grown used to it. When I was little, me an' the guys from the street had a thing where the less warm clothes you used in winter, the more respect you got. Kinda stupid, looking back. Heard some kid lost a toe from frostbite." If Kaidou didn't need all of his blood to keep himself from freezing, it would have dropped to his feet and he'd have fainted then and there due to the mental image. The horror must have shown in his face because Kuboyasu hurriedly added. "That just a rumor though! As far as I know, no nasty shit happened to anyone. Besides the usual stuff."

Kaidou wanted to keep quiet, but he braved on. His training hadn't been for nothing, and he would show it! "W-what was the usual stuff?" Kuboyasu turned to looked at him and grimaced.