3. When Life Throws You Lemons Shot With A Tennis Ball Machine...

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

SECRET REPORT JOURNAL - CODEX OF BLACK NIGHT

ENTRY #☙☢㉆

date: 20XX february 14 (sunday)

Report: Today in the morning I requested Grand Elder Saiki's aid in preparing the Bleeding Heart Eclipse Bonbons, key for Operation Midnight Requiem, where Requiem is a reference to the death of this romantic stalemate, Midnight an extension of Night, night the full spelling of Nite, and nite the acronym EITN scrambled, that stands for Eggs In The Nest, where the eggs are the Bleeding Heart Eclipse Bonbons and the nest is Aren's hands.
Anyways, Saiki has been of great help, helping me, the Jet Black Wings, in areas I accept are out of my expertise, due to my extended separation from civilian life, and I shall be eternally great grateful. I must admit that chocolate making is a tremendously difficult art to master, and now have an increased respect for agent Sigma Ghost and her yearly endeavor in the name of friendship. I hope Aren will like the bonbons, he deserves only the best.

Mission Objectives: Give Aren the box of Bleeding Heart Eclipse Bonbons. That's all, I think. Given the date and that they are honmei, it should be obvious that they aren't just a token of my platonic affection, but also an invitation to start courting.

Date of Mission: Tomorrow, on Unholy Saint Valentine's Day. I considered waiting until White Day when it would be perhaps more appropriate, but I think that by giving them now with the confessing girls there will be no mistaking my intentions and it will give him a chance to correspond on White Day. Also, time's of the essence and I read an article on Wednesday about the new translation of the Mayan calendar, that says the world will end really soon. Of course, I can avoid whatever catastrophe the Mayan branch of Dark Reunion can throw at me, but better safe than tearfully confessing while agonizing in the smoking remains of the battlefield, so I'll execute Operation Midnight Requiem tomorrow. Anyways, his dentist appointment should be over a bit after the first break, keep that in mind.

Mission Execution: The Bleeding Heart Eclipse Bonbons are in the refrigerator. I'll wake up a bit earlier, put them in the cute Hallmatt box (REMEMBER THE BOW), and take care that it arrives at school absolutely intact. Hide it somewhere until lunch break. During lunch ask him to meet somewhere else (bathrooms? no, nasty, roof if open, if not, the westmost hallway in the second floor is usually empty). If Dark Reunion launches a psychological attack that prevents me from doing that, leave it in his shoebox locker and retreat QUICKLY. It's been, like, a month, and I am yet to see any quantifiable progress, an embarrassment to the Jet Black Wings. Operation Midnight Requiem has to succeed.

End of Report

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

"Hands up in the name of ju-! Uh? Big bro?" Toki put down his bat and rubbed his eyes. "What are you doing?"

Kaidou, caught in flagrante delicto with the refrigerator open and taking out his bonbons from their hiding place behind the lettuce, was too busy recovering from the massive heart attack that his little brother's sudden appearance caused to answer said little brother's question.

Toki's eyes shined. "Big bro, are those chocolates? For Unholy Saint Valentine's Day?" He stopped and shook his head, very deadly bat still in hand. "No, that can't be. Big bro is completely dedicated to his duties as the Jet Black Wings, and the girls are the ones who give chocolate in Valentine's. This must be a secret mission!"