5. Are you an idiot? No? Well, do you want to be?

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

SECRET REPORT JOURNAL - CODEX OF BLACK NIGHT

ENTRY #777

date: 20XX march 15 (monday)

Today I have an important thing to report. My long and grueling hours of careful training have given fruit, and now I'm the proud holder of rank 39 in the Imperial Arcane Examinations. Nine ranks up from last time! Mama made me subuta and let me eat an entire salami stick, and dad called to congratulate me. After Hairo explained to Nendou that the smaller the rank number the better, he also recognized my superior intellect. Even Saiki gave me a clap on the back! Aren also rose through the ranks, I think he was around the 110s last time, and now he is 97! He also worked very hard in our periodical meetings to train the mind, so I'm very happy and proud. It was also a bit because of me, right? He also was an excellent study companion, as expected. I must shamefully admit I had some doubts about what he said before, about going to the same Hall of Higher Learning, and am glad to admit my fears were unfounded. As long as mama doesn't get excited and tries to get me into Todai, I bet my immortal soul we can get into the same one.

Also, I've decided to make the most of Lady Fortune's favor while it lasts. I have solemly solemnly sworn that, before the school year is over, Aren shall be expressely aware of my feelings for him. At school, Teruhashi-san told us about a party that the third-years are throwing after the graduation ceremony on Friday. Aren is going to pay respects to the graduating class and say farewell to the totally not gang he's friends with, so I'm going to go. I haven't actually been to any party that wasn't organized by my class, now that I think about it. And third years are kind of intimidating.Anyways, I've been thinking of maybe doing it at the party. That's pretty common, right? Confession at a party? A bit simple, but I can save the roses and fireworks for a marriage proposal somewhen in the future.

This shall be operation Genesis Black Rose Dawn.

Mission objective: Confess by whichever methods necessary.

Date of Mission: Anywhen within this week, possibly at the party.

Mission Execution: Wait until the winds of fate provide a moment of inspiration for this. Meaning, I have no real plan, so I'll leave all the details to Future Jet Black Wings.

End of Report

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

"Be warned, I'm not giving the graduation speech next year. I don't care if it's you or Takahashi, I'm done with public speaking!" Kaidou whined, exhausted after his nerve-wracking performance as the junior student representative for the sixth consecutive year. And half the attendants were sleeping! How dare they?! He had made space in his tight world-saving and Kuboyasu-seducing schedule to prepare for the speech, and this was the thanks he got? Never again!

Hairo sheepishly rubbed his neck. "Sorry, I ended up taking too many hours at the soup kitchen. And I had to prepare my witness statement for an underclassman, and paint my elderly neighbors' house, and-"

"Forget about it! If no one else can, I'll do it again next year!"

"It was a good speech, Kaidou-kun!" Yumehara piped up on his left, momentarily stopping her chattering with Aiura. "A bit long and rambly, and you spoke too quietly sometimes... but it showed the effort!"