good for you - fem!reader

you never planned on telling spencer how you feel, but you do. and you have your alcoholic dad thank for that.

warnings: alcohol abuse, seriously bad language, domestic violence, angst, sad fluff

word count: 2541

+++

"okay, thanks."

you looked up into the small mirror of the jet bathroom, hastily wiping away tears. guess it was time for the team to find out.

you walked back to your seat, slumping in the chair next to emily.

"you okay?" she asked, concern present in her voice.

"no," you sighed. "it's my dad."

this drew in the attention of everyone on the jet. you never once talked about your family, you didn't need to. the bau was your family, your parents just helped you get to them.

"is he okay?" jj asked.

"he's in the hospital," you started, tears welling in your eyes. "apparently he was out with his friends and he got into a fight with some guy, he got pretty beat up too."

"oh, y/n, i'm so sorry." emily said, squeezing your hand.

"is he going to be okay?" hotch asked. "you can take some time if you need to be with him."

"yeah, i might have to take you up on that," you said, getting a few raised eyebrows. you never took off work, even if you were sick. you sighed again. "he's an alcoholic, so i'll probably have to check him into rehab once he's discharged." you left it at that, they didn't need to know how his drinking was the catalyst for your parents' divorce.

spencer gave you a sympathetic look, trying not to focus on the blatant pain in your voice. you were grateful, you really didn't want to dive into your childhood at the moment.

"take as much time as you need, kiddo." rossi told you, squeezing your shoulder.

"thanks," you smiled.

deep down, you were panicking. your dad hadn't been to rehab since you were ten, and back then he was compliant. since then, he'd gotten so much worse, especially after he and your mom got divorced a few years after that. he went back to drinking, spending nights on the couch with a bottle while you hid in your room. you suffered years of abuse at his hand whenever he was angry, both physical and verbal. the anger became more and more frequent, until it became his personality. he was rarely happy with you, and you cherished those few moments. he stopped being the kind, caring, father from all those years ago. now he was just the cause of your emotional damage.

*****

"hi, i'm y/n y/l/n, i'm looking for my father." you told the nurse at the station.

"let me see," she said, looking into the records. "y/l/n, here it is! room 313." she stood up, walking you over to his room.

"how is he?" you asked.

"he's okay," she started. "he's got a slight concussion and a few bruised ribs, but those should heal relatively quickly." her voice dropped, in case he was able to hear you. "i don't know if anyone told you this, but he fell unconscious from alcohol poisoning shortly after arriving." your eyes widened.

"is he okay?" you asked, concerned.

"yes, he's fine now." she assured you. "we gave him plenty of fluids, he woke up about an hour ago."

you sighed. "that's good, thank you so much."

"of course," she told you. "i'll be back in a few minutes with discharge papers." you gave her a smile as she walked away.