seven.

Takahashi glanced down at her book and then back a bit at Tsukishima. A smile spread across her lips as she leaned back in her seat and slipped a piece of paper onto his desk. She felt his eyes on the back of her neck but she didn't turn backward to address him.

With a tap on her shoulder, Takahashi turned around to see Tsukishima holding the piece of paper in front of her face. She smiled and gently took the paper from his hand before facing front again. Opening up the slip of paper, she found herself trying to hold back a laugh at Tsukishima's response. It wasn't a response that warranted a laugh, but Takahashi could just hear the annoyance radiating off of the written words. The two continued to pass the paper back and forth secretly so that the teacher wouldn't notice.

Takahashi:

Oi, Tsukki, do you have volleyball practice today?

Tsukishima:

What kind of stupid question is that?

I have practice every day, dummy.

Takahashi:

I'm going to come watch then.

My sister's husband is working from home today so I've got the afternoon to myself.

Tsukishima:

Suit yourself.

As the day passed, Takahashi found her legs bouncing up and down excitedly. Back in middle school, Takahashi used to play volleyball as well but when she entered high school she didn't have time to do any extracurricular activities anymore. However, the school required that students did at least one club. So Takahashi had to sign up for something, and it ended up being a visual arts club. She was excused from most meetings by the teacher advisor but worked on the projects whenever she could spare some time.

When the bell rang, Takahashi hopped to her feet and started to pack her things quickly.

"Tsukki tells me you're going to watch practice," Yamaguchi said, coming up next to Takahashi.

She looked up at him with an eager smile, "I hope that's okay! I haven't seen a volleyball practice in a while, let alone a game," she said throwing her bag over her shoulder, "I used to play in middle school,"

"Really?" Yamaguchi asked as they started heading out of the classroom and toward the gym and clubrooms. "What position?"

"I played as the libero," Takahashi said, "I'm a little too short to be anything else,"

"Oh! That's pretty cool, we have an amazing libero on our team," Yamaguchi replied enthusiastically, "He's a second year, Nishinoya Yu. Tsukki plays as a middle blocker, he's on the starting lineup. I'm a middle blocker as well, but since we have Hinata, I'm not in the lineup,"

Takahashi glanced behind her a bit as Yamaguchi went on about the volleyball team. She snuck a quick glance at Tsukishima, who seemed to be visibly annoyed that his friend was only giving attention to Takahashi. Or perhaps. . . Takahashi smirked as she turned fully around at Tsukishima.

"Oh, don't pout," she teased, "I'm just spending time with Yamaguchi because I don't talk to him often," she smirked, "Besides, it doesn't mean I don't like spending time with you any less,"

Tsukishima's face went red and he gave her an incredulous look, "Don't say stupid things like that, you dork," he pushed his glasses up a bit to rub his eyes, "You'll give people the wrong idea," he looked away and then glanced at Takahashi again when she started to smirk a bit.