five.

Her words echoed through her ears and boomed back at her like she was standing in a dark cave. Takahashi gripped her backpack strap, keenly aware of everyone's eyes on her, including Tsukishima's. It hadn't been two days since Tsukishima told Takahashi off. And something about his words this whole situation that much more aggravating.

"You know, Takahashi," Akita sneered as she stood up and stalked toward Takahashi, who was moving from her seat and toward the door of the classroom to leave for the day. "You're kind of a two-faced bitch,"

Aren't you tired of this? Takahashi's inner voice rang out inside her head.

Yes, but what's the point in fighting?

What's the point? It's annoying, that's the point. Her voice hissed at her as if annoyed at not only Akita but also at herself.

So what? It's just high school. No one else is getting hurt.

This doesn't just affect you.

Takahashi froze mid-step, halfway to the door. She let out a hiss at herself, one that no one else could hear. The last words to echo through her head weren't her own and it made her blood boil. To be told off by someone who didn't understand her situation at home... god, something about that was infuriating in its own way, more so than Akita's mindless rambling and pointless punches.

"You act all sweet in front of everyone, acting like the victim, but you're actually just an arrogant little slut," Akita stopped a few steps away from Takahashi, who still faced the door, staring at the ground in an angry blaze. Her anger went unnoticed by Akita however as her ramble went on.

"I've seen you, walking around with at least four different guys," Akita said with a dry laugh, "You really know how to play them, don't you? So which one is it? The father to that little girl you pick up from daycare every day?"

A sharp smack filled the room and then everything went silent. Takahashi's bag sat discarded on the ground not far from where Akita lay. She clutched her cheek as a bright red handprint started to make its way onto her face.

"How annoying," Takahashi said, her voice oddly calm. Staring down at Akita, her gaze was deadpanned and cold, sending shivers down the spines of anyone she made eye contact with. Takahashi bent down, her hands on her knees as she stared right at Akita, "You don't know when to quit, do you?" she said.

When Akita didn't reply, Takahashi stood up straight again, leaving the girl laying on the ground with her friends clustered around her. As Akita stood up, still shocked by Takahashi's actions, Takahashi was already making her way to the door with her backpack on, as if nothing had happened.

"You little shit!" Akita yelled after her.

Takahashi paused in the doorway and turned to address Akita. The other girl flinched at Takahashi's cold golden gaze. "So am I a slut," Takahashi said, "Or a little shit? Make up your mind," she rolled her eyes and left the class in stunned silence.

Yamaguchi tugged at Tsukishima's jacket sleeve, his eyes staring at where Takahashi had disappeared, "Tsukki, did you say something to her the other day?" Yamaguchi asked, there was a tension in his voice that didn't sit well with Tsukishima.

"Why would you say that?" Tsukishima asked.

"Because Takahashi just glared at you right before she left," Yamaguchi said pointing to where Takahashi was previously standing.

"Yeah, hold that thought, Tadashi," Tsukishima grabbed his bag and hurried after Takahashi. He looked down the hall either way and found her heading toward the exit of the school. He sped up his pace and reached out to grab her arm, just as she was about to leave the school building.